Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NRPCA Oktoberfast DE fun

Old 10-03-2018, 04:47 PM
hinchcliffe
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default NRPCA Oktoberfast DE fun

Another great season has come to an end...

Strange weather messed with this DE, Monday the track closed do to fog. Then lightning Tuesday. But the few runs we had were great learning experience for those that stayed...

since the track was closed we did a track walk in the closed session. Heel of the boot looking up to the off camber at 10:30am...

Dinnertime in the paddock, thanks for the homemade Goulash my Hungarian Canadians...

Last edited by hinchcliffe; 10-03-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:41 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,436 Likes on 996 Posts

Have to admit, of all the DE's I've done, I've never had a full day cancelled due to fog followed by the next morning cancelled by lightning. That was a first for me. 2 laps under yellow was all I got on Monday, but in that fog, it really was unsafe. I couldn't see the car in front of me nor could I see the flaggers. They had to close the track at that point. Oh well. You take the good with the bad I guess.
The lightning yesterday morning had me shaking my head for sure. "How can this happen again?"
Yesterday afternoon made up for some of it though. Basically a full afternoon of open track with very little traffic for those of us that hung around to enjoy it. Something about making lemonade maybe?..
A big thanks to you and your track chair and all the NRPCA folks for making that happen. So much fun. Went through a full tank of gas in one shot. Rarely happens at a regular DE. Filled it back up and went back out for a few more sessions. My poor Cayman......
And yes, that goulash was good. Yum yum.

I did all 3 of your WGI events this season (the 2 regular DE's and the advanced DE in the middle), and I have to say that the Niagara Region is one of the best I run with. Great people, great teaching and learning, and an overall great vibe. Lots of respect out on the track as well. A really good bunch.
It was great to see some old friends and, as usual, make some new ones as well these past couple days.
You guys are great. (And so are the bubbles on your new car-which I was sure were photoshopped on there originally until I saw them live and in person Sunday evening.) Also very easy to spot on track, even at speed.
Thanks again and great job. Already looking forward to May with you folks. Thanks again....
Old 10-03-2018, 10:19 PM
fnel1771
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately I missed the event due to some unforseen family commitments. Glad to hear that Curt has found that “SPEED” with his new bubbles. Looking forward 2019 with a great club and even more fantastic comradery.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:16 PM
hinchcliffe
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Additionally we were honored to have our friend Peter Argetsinger join us as a hired hand instructor on the 70th anniversary of road racings start in America
October 2, 1948... The original course is marked out on the streets still, drive it if you can and think of those crazy people back then.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.his...-glen-new-york

Watch the Little Speed Shop movie here

​​​​​​

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NRPCA Oktoberfast DE fun