Sponsored by:

Traqmate support

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 05:15 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Traqmate support

Anybody know if Traqmate support is still available? My Traqdash is starting to get flaky - stopping and resetting during a race - and I’d like to send it to TM and have them check it out. I’ve called their # a few times and it goes straight to voicemail, no calls back. Not ready to go the AIM route just yet.

TIA, Tim
Old 10-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Maybe Peter knows?
Old 10-02-2018, 06:18 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 525 Likes on 281 Posts

I have a customer that had the same issue months ago - never heard back so he just switched to AiM.
My understanding was they would support their products through warranty life (1 year?). Since they stopped producing in 2016, my guess is they may not be supporting anymore. But I honestly don't know for sure.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 10-02-2018, 07:44 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Glenn is still offering product support, AFAIK. It’s on the website, the support form and the return address. They stopped production in September of 2015, but many system are still working fine.

AiM does allow a file import that allows import and comparison in RaceStudio Analysis of Traqmate files with AiM tests.

So there’s no penalty in moving to AiM from Traqmate except for that losing that wonderful touchscreen and video theoretical best lap capability.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:10 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Thanks, guys. Just got an email from a Glenn confirming support still avbl. I’ll be sending it in this week once I get my car back.

Tim
Old 11-15-2018, 12:55 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

After receiving an email from Glenn telling me how to request support, I sent my full Traqmate Traqdash system in to Traqmate. That was over 5 weeks ago . Haven’t received it back yet or heard anything since then. I’ve called and emailed but heard nothing back. Anyone know how to get ahold of them?

Tim
Old 11-15-2018, 01:09 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

You have a pm.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:29 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Peter. PM replied
Old 11-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by tgsmith4845
After receiving an email from Glenn telling me how to request support, I sent my full Traqmate Traqdash system in to Traqmate. That was over 5 weeks ago . Haven’t received it back yet or heard anything since then. I’ve called and emailed but heard nothing back. Anyone know how to get ahold of them?

Tim
Tim,
Stay on them the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I had a traqmate in my old race car and loved it. We were a dealer for traqmate until Glenn decided he was no longer serious about being in business.
If anybody has the number for Glenn (Traqmate) think it would be Peter Krause.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 11-15-2018, 03:07 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
Tim,
Stay on them the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I had a traqmate in my old race car and loved it. We were a dealer for traqmate until Glenn decided he was no longer serious about being in business.
If anybody has the number for Glenn (Traqmate) think it would be Peter Krause.
Hahaha! Clark shows his age, and I mean that in the best way!

Traqmate may have introduced more HPDE and club racers to data than any other single manufacturer, but they didn't (couldn't) evolve with the cars and the tech. They achieved tremendous penetration in Spec Miata, other classes of cars and in a variety of geographic areas throughout the country.

The lack of development first with the software, then with the hardware, which struggled with a reliable video solution after the demise of the ChaseCam (and no ultimate OBDII plug and play support) doomed them, but they started the wave and as long as folks have systems that work, they should keep using them.

There are some things you can do with Traqmate and it's software that even VBOX, MoTeC, Bosch and Cosworth systems can't do. AiM STILL hasn't integrated video into the analysis window, THIRTEEN YEARS after Traqmate made it one of their signature features.

Unfortunately, being a dealer for most of these brands, one of the largest for Traqmate back in the day, one of the largest AiM dealers now and the largest VBOX dealer now, NONE of these systems do ALL of the very best features that EACH of these systems offer.

Oh. well...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-15-2018, 04:12 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

[QUOTE=ProCoach;15433013]Hahaha! Clark shows his age, and I mean that in the best way!

Hey Peter quit picking on the elderly.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:48 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Thanks, guys. Still waiting to get my system back.

I really like the Traqmate for us amateur club racers. I have a Traqmate Traqdash HD with integrated dual mobius cameras, front and rear. The one button push to start is great, no messing around with turning cameras on, etc. And on line camera charging so I never have to remove the cameras is nice also. I’ve added TPS and BPS into the analog inputs so post session data analysis is easy.

There are quite a few of us SPB guys using it out here on the left coast. Makes post race group analysis pretty simple.

Yes, eventually we’ll have to migrate to AIM, or MOTEC, but sticking with TM as long as possible.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:07 AM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Tim,
I have a system I took out of my car 2-3 years ago. Was running perfectly. If you shower me in compliments, I would be happy to donate.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:46 AM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bkovac
Tim,
I have a system I took out of my car 2-3 years ago. Was running perfectly. If you shower me in compliments, I would be happy to donate.
best looking, speediest Spec Boxster racer in SoCal, heck maybe even all of Cal, let’s just make it the entire West Coast.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:55 AM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats a decent start, keep going and give me a all

Quick Reply: Traqmate support