Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag to engine CU signal

Old 09-20-2018, 03:05 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Airbag to engine CU signal

I am minimizing the wiring harness in an '08 Cayman S being prep'ed for Spec Cayman. Airbags are out along with their harness. There's a signal wire from the airbag control unti to the engine DME, and I'm curious to know how it gets used. I believe it lets the airbag CU signal that a crash has happened. Anyone happen to know what the normal and post-crash states of this signal wire are? Obviously hoping I can simply delete it, but if it needs to be grounded or +12, good to know.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:37 PM
kmautosport
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGross
I am minimizing the wiring harness in an '08 Cayman S being prep'ed for Spec Cayman. Airbags are out along with their harness. There's a signal wire from the airbag control unti to the engine DME, and I'm curious to know how it gets used. I believe it lets the airbag CU signal that a crash has happened. Anyone happen to know what the normal and post-crash states of this signal wire are? Obviously hoping I can simply delete it, but if it needs to be grounded or +12, good to know.
Definitely the signal crash wire to the DME.. From here it would kill the fuel pump, a signal would also be sent through the gateway for the four ways to turn on. Not sure on its resting state of power or ground.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:02 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

km, thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Airbag to engine CU signal