Sponsored by:

Mid-Ohio with MORPCA

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 03:03 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Mid-Ohio with MORPCA

Big shout-out to all the organizers/support people for putting on a great event this past weekend: perfect weather for the two days I was there; a ridiculous amount of track time with high-quality drivers in the Advanced group, and a bunch of really nice people to hang with, particularly in our 20s bank of garages . There was even another Mini there to enjoy dicing and share notes with, as well as a fellow 'Lister breaking in his beautiful new GT3 in the correct manner --great job, Larry! A very low-key event with no hoops to jump through--just drive your brains out......

All in all a splendid time was guaranteed for all, especially me

Gary

Old 09-18-2018, 01:15 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish I'd been there to enjoy the experience and I miss my MidO friends. Glad you had a fellow Mini! Based on several previous experiences, I love driving with MORPCA.

Hands down, their events are among the most well organized and very nicely appointed.

Overall a good balance between learning/fun in a nice laid back atmosphere, with a truly delightful bunch of people. I miss them and hope to drive with them again at Mid O soon.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:53 PM
bubba928
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, Gary, a great event and we had some good conversations on F1 and other topics over the weekend. Agree a very good run group too.

Jim
Old 09-18-2018, 03:56 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bubba928
Yes, Gary, a great event and we had some good conversations on F1 and other topics over the weekend. Agree a very good run group too.

Jim
Jim, great to be your neighbor for two days Hope Sunday was good as well. Nice driving on your part too

Gary
Old 09-18-2018, 05:16 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Not that this is relevant to the MORPCA event, but I will be driving Mid-O for the first time next season, maybe even for 2 events. Can't wait.....
Old 09-18-2018, 05:24 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Not that this is relevant to the MORPCA event, but I will be driving Mid-O for the first time next season, maybe even for 2 events. Can't wait.....
Worth the trip. Hell, I'm going back again Friday You can't lose with any of the Ohio PCA groups, or ARPCA. They are all fantastic.

Gary
Old 09-18-2018, 05:26 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gbuff
Worth the trip. Hell, I'm going back again Friday

Gary
Geesh. Awesome, but Geesh.

Not sure who is worse, me with The Glen or you with Mid-O.

Possible we both have some issues?......
Old 09-18-2018, 05:32 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Geesh. Awesome, but Geesh.

Not sure who is worse, me with The Glen or you with Mid-O.

Possible we both have some issues?......
It's that kind of track, at least for me....it helps that Mid-O, Mosport and WGI are only 2-4 hrs away Be back at the Glen a week from tomorrow
Old 09-18-2018, 05:38 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

It's that kind of track, at least for me....helps that Mid-O, Mosport and WGI are only 2-4 hrs away
Flying, I can make it to the Glen in 3.5 hours. Flying!!

Mid-O looks to be closer to 9 hours for me. Still plan on going at least twice next season, but both times have to be for 3 days, which I know 1 of the 2 is for sure. I'm hearing too many good things about that track, and my ability has improved a bit this year, so I think I'm ready for Mid-O now.

I do 2 trips each season now to VIR, and that's a 10 hour tow for me, but because it's my favorite track so far, I suck it up on the drive. Both events at VIR take a week out of my life, as I assume Mid-O will do as well (at least 5 days anyway--3 days on track and a day in travel on each side of the DE).

Cannot wait to get on Mid-O. Can't wait.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:39 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

It's that kind of track, at least for me....it helps that Mid-O, Mosport and WGI are only 2-4 hrs away Be back at the Glen a week from tomorrow
I'll be back at WGI 10/1 and 10/2 with Niagara, and that should wrap up my WGI season. I have to go back and count, but I think I have somewhere between 22 and 25 days there this season. How f'ed up is that?
Old 09-18-2018, 05:42 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Flying, I can make it to the Glen in 3.5 hours. Flying!!

Mid-O looks to be closer to 9 hours for me. Still plan on going at least twice next season, but both times have to be for 3 days, which I know 1 of the 2 is for sure. I'm hearing too many good things about that track, and my ability has improved a bit this year, so I think I'm ready for Mid-O now.

I do 2 trips each season now to VIR, and that's a 10 hour tow for me, but because it's my favorite track so far, I suck it up on the drive. Both events at VIR take a week out of my life, as I assume Mid-O will do as well (at least 5 days anyway--3 days on track and a day in travel on each side of the DE).

Cannot wait to get on Mid-O. Can't wait.
OMG, I'm WAY too lazy to drive that far, and since I don't trailer it's moot anyway. I know NNJR does a 3-day there, of which I may attend depending on the dates. AFAIK the Ohio regions and Allegheny are also 3-day.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:44 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

I'll be back at WGI 10/1 and 10/2 with Niagara, and that should wrap up my WGI season. I have to go back and count, but I think I have somewhere between 22 and 25 days there this season. How f'ed up is that?
Well, you should know it fairly well
Old 09-18-2018, 05:49 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

OMG, I'm WAY too lazy to drive that far, and since I don't trailer it's moot anyway. I know NNJR does a 3-day there, of which I may attend depending on the dates. AFAIK the Ohio regions and Allegheny are also 3-day.
The NNJR event at Mid-O has become an advanced event, which I am ready for now (I think).

The plan is to do another event at Mid-O before the NNJR advanced event so I can possibly get a day of instruction and 2 days on my own, just to get me on the line. As mentioned, I have not been there yet.

I have a feeling that Mid-O will become a regular trip for me each season, just as VIR has (and WGI already has been). I am definitely having addiction issues with this track stuff. It's gotten really bad....
Old 09-18-2018, 05:53 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

The NNJR event at Mid-O has become an advanced event, which I am ready for now (I think).

The plan is to do another event at Mid-O before the NNJR advanced event so I can possibly get a day of instruction and 2 days on my own, just to get me on the line. As mentioned, I have not been there yet.

I have a feeling that Mid-O will become a regular trip for me each season, just as VIR has (and WGI already has been). I am definitely having addiction issues with this track stuff. It's gotten really bad....
NNJR event is pretty early in the season...about as early as you want to show up if you want to insure you're not freezing. They will find someone to put in the car with your to make sure you get the feel for the place so don't let that scare you off.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:56 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

You'll find that Mid-O is NOTHING like the Glen--the entire back half of the track you are almost always turning on-camber, off-camber, and over crests (over which the Mini gets air on occasion ). You really have to dance with the car. It's a lotta work, but very rewarding. Then there's when it's wet but just like anyplace else, you learn. Any instructor they put with you will be excellent.

Quick Reply: Mid-Ohio with MORPCA