Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid-Ohio with MORPCA

Old 09-18-2018, 05:58 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
NNJR event is pretty early in the season...about as early as you want to show up if you want to insure you're not freezing. They will find someone to put in the car with your to make sure you get the feel for the place so don't let that scare you off.
I know, thanks. I take advantage of the generosity of our NNJR instructors all the time, even at The Glen. I always learn something new, even if just a little tweak to my line.

NNJR Mid-O is def really early, but I'm used to LRP in April, black ice under the bridge and all, so I don't mind the colder temps. Hell, our 3 day gig at VIR last October was so cold the first morning I thought it was gonna snow. Just takes a couple extra laps to get the heat into the tires. RE71-R's come in very handy on those cold mornings.

Nothing will scare me off from going to Mid-O next season. I appreciate the support. I will be there for sure.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:20 PM
Raucky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Completely agree and enjoyed ever single lap in my SB gt3! Great group of drivers to play with.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:59 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
I'll be back at WGI 10/1 and 10/2 with Niagara, and that should wrap up my WGI season. I have to go back and count, but I think I have somewhere between 22 and 25 days there this season. How f'ed up is that?

me too^^

Gary, I was there for friday lapping session....tried to meet up to introduce myself, but we were in different groups and you must have gone into town at lunchtime.
I was in the red GT4
I am also from Buffalo.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:04 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Big shout-out to all the organizers/support people for putting on a great event this past weekend: perfect weather for the two days I was there; a ridiculous amount of track time with high-quality drivers in the Advanced group, and a bunch of really nice people to hang with, particularly in our 20s bank of garages . There was even another Mini there to enjoy dicing and share notes with, as well as a fellow 'Lister breaking in his beautiful new GT3 in the correct manner --great job, Larry! A very low-key event with no hoops to jump through--just drive your brains out......

All in all a splendid time was guaranteed for all, especially me

Gary

yeah, that was quite the wing he had on...not sure how much downforce that created, LOL

Old 09-18-2018, 10:12 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon

Gary I was there for friday lapping session....tried to meet up to introduce myself, but we were in different groups and you must have gone into town at lunchtime.
I was in the red GT4
also from Buffalo
Kevin, I think I saw your car but never met up with you Was gonna do some time in your HP group but the LP group was so much fun I just stayed there. On the weekend all the Whites ran together anyway (that Ferrari sounded SO good!)....that winged Mini was something, wasn't it? Spoke at length with the driver; very nice guy--he thought it helped but we were turning about the same lap times (he said he had 230hp to my 121) so go figure

Gary

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mid-Ohio with MORPCA