Sponsored by:

Thumbs up for CVR PCA

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 10:30 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 171 Posts
Default Thumbs up for CVR PCA

I ran for the first time with Connecticut Valley Region PCA yesterday at Lime Rock. What a great group--friendly, welcoming, well-organized. Nice collection of cars, with everything from vintage 911s to a 991 GT3 Cup. The organizers were friendly and approachable. Some PCA groups can be standoffish and clique-y, but not CVR--they were fantastic. The instructor who gave me a check ride, a fellow GT4 driver, was very helpful with insight specific to the mid-engine platform. And drivers in my white/black combo run group were very heads-up with point-bys. Some of the best awareness I've seen. To top it off, Spencer *** from SpeedSport Tuning was giving classroom instruction, and the Lime Rock legend Simon Kirkby was socializing in the paddock. Overall a fantastic experience. I highly recommend this group!
Old 09-10-2018, 02:12 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,576 Posts

It was a great day at LRP on Saturday and glad you could join us. Spencer always gives a good class and even as an instructor I sometimes sit in to hear what he has to say. There is always something to learn especially from someone with his racing resume including running in the 24 Hours of Daytona. We are lucky to have him. Same goes for Simon who sometimes dispenses pearls of wisdom as he walks around the paddock.

Did you stick around for the frank and beans and beer afterwards? I have been trying to up the food under the tower for the last few years and we normally have something like tacos, meatball heroes, franks and beans, kielbasa and kraut, or bugers with mac n cheese. It an be a long ride home for some of us and hard to pull in with a trailer so we have been doing food after many of our LRP events.

Hope you can make it to our Watkins Glen event October 8 and 9. It is always an awesome time and if we are lucky enough to get some cool weather the engines really love that! There is also a nice dinner with CVR Monday night at the Harbor Hotel.

Again, thanks for coming out with CVR and hope to see you again soon!
Old 09-10-2018, 04:18 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
It was a great day at LRP on Saturday and glad you could join us.
You had me at frank and beans.

Seriously, though, I wish I would have stayed for the picnic under the tower. I instead picked up a king-sized Snickers at the Shell station in Sharon on the way home. Glad I finally got a chance to run with you guys, and I look forward to more events with you in the future.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:19 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts

I haven't been to a CVR DE in a few years, but always felt they ran a first class event.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:48 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you haven't been to a CVR DE event recently, come to one of our remaining events. We are at the Glen October 8 and 9 for a two day Advanced DE, followed by our season finale is at LRP on November 2nd and 3rd. November 2nd is a Advanced Run Group half day event and November 3rd is for beginners and instructors. At the Advanced DE at the Glen, we welcome some other Marques besides Porsche's. Please check with our registrar for details. Drivers from other regions are always welcome to our events
Old 09-11-2018, 01:18 PM
marcus1249
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't forget clockwise at Palmer for and advanced driver day on September 29th!

Quick Reply: Thumbs up for CVR PCA