Sponsored by:

HANS group buy for PCA

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 07:20 PM
Stable Energies
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Every time I jump into a students car without a harness, and don't have my HANS on, I feel naked. Next time I am in NJ I am taking a ride over to Stable to try on one of the Simpson devices.

Even a green student can put you into the wall at a high speed.
Come on by, We're here for ya. Like our hashtag says #thinkfastbesafe

We also carry other head and neck restraints aside from HANS.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:29 PM
T&T Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 336 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Stable Energies
Come on by, We're here for ya. Like our hashtag says #thinkfastbesafe

We also carry other head and neck restraints aside from HANS.
Are you selling products at SVRA WGI event Sept 5-9?
Old 08-31-2018, 09:44 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

I support H&NR for harness equipped cars with no airbag.

I struggle with "no data" that supports H&NR use in airbag cars and harnesses.

Like lemmings to the sea we will follow.

Seems like a good question that no one is talking about.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:24 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Every time I jump into a students car without a harness, and don't have my HANS on, I feel naked. Next time I am in NJ I am taking a ride over to Stable to try on one of the Simpson devices.

Even a green student can put you into the wall at a high speed.
Yes, I can understand, being also a Hans user since some years too. But, I think we should not turn "integrist" either.
As, I do think that we all have a lot more chances to get a frontal car (or even worse, truck) on the open roads (taking in account of the sleepy drivers, the drivers under influence, and etc..), than visiting a wall on a track, even with a novice driver. (Btw, it is the simplest reason why I never take passengers on track, as, this is the most easy way ..to divide the risks by two !)

Now, if you enter in the "Hans integrist" mode, than I think it is time to think about quit driving.

Or, at least: PLEASE NEVER EVER talk about the Nurburgring, because in term of safety, it is the WORSE track that I been in this World, and this ..even with a Hans on you.
I would feel much safer to do a full day of track sessions with the oem 3 point belt ..and no helmet in Laguna Seca, ..than one lap in the Nurburgring, with a cage, harness AND a Hans !
(I'm telling that, by having well over a 1'000 miles in LS, and been few times in the Ring, doing few laps each time.)

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 08-31-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:38 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian C in Az
The logic behind the HANS rule is very simple. If you are using a 6 point harness, you need a HANS. The 6 point belts do not allow the natural decelleration that seatbelts allow. As a result, a 6 point belt system can cause your brain to become disconnected from your spine in a severe accident; that is how Dale died. If you are in a car using factory seatbelts, then you don't need a HANS because the seatbelts have enough give and do not restrain your body in the same manner as a 6 point system..
Nannies "on" because 90% can't drive properly and need the nannies.
This is always what I believed when Simpson came out with the Hybrid style. They had some kind of Q&A online but I don't believe they ever answered the question as to why you need a H&N device with a factory 3 point seatbelt. I wear my Schroth Flex in cars with 6 point harness and roll cage, in student cars with regular 3 point seat belt and airbags I just wear my helmet.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 161 Likes on 118 Posts

We started selling the Necksgen head neck restraint 2 years ago after seeing it at PRI.

After seeing it there we were very impressed with the unit and how light and easy it is to use. I was never able to put my helmet on in the car before with the Hans, but I am able to with the Necksgen. We started using them and we love them. Much more mobility and more comfort. Plus, easier to get in and out of the car (quicker in an emergency)

Our region of the Porsche club has some provided by us to be used as loaners to go with our regions loaner helmets to help ease the transition to the new rule.

PM me off line if you are interested for a great Rennlist deal on one.

https://demonspeedmotorsports.com/Ne...nt-NG-REV2.htm

Thanks
Ed

https://www.goodaero.com/
Race Designed Aerodynamics

https://racingtirewarmers.com/
Win more races with tire warmers

Great products for racers by racers

ed@demonspeed.com

Demon Speed Motorsports is a proud sponsor of PCA and the Club Racing Program

Quick Reply: HANS group buy for PCA