Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolshirt for DE?

Old 08-30-2018, 10:40 AM
zedcat
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've used the vest with cooling packs and with a 3 pt belt it's helpful. With 6pt harness I couldn't keep the shoulder straps tight. The packs shift around and as they melt it got looser.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:43 AM
alexaqui
User

Built my own cool suit system and currently used for DEs. It makes a HUGE difference. It's amazing how quickly it cools you down. It is also amazing how much heat your body generates as you can very quickly deplete a cooler full of ice.

As for your question about building the system yourself; while it is cheaper than buying the system, if you want to do a nice job, it is not going to be "cheap". There were a lot of trial and error parts I had to buy to get it all work properly. I also bought custom insulation and sleeving for all of my tubing and wires. It was actually a fun project and it is perfect for my car's application. Either way, start with one of the pre-made shirts. Not worth the effort in my opinion to make your own shirt. The cooler, however, is pretty basic and there are tons of guides. PM if you have questions.

As to modern athetlic shirts, I thought they are considered not good for driving/fires due to the synthetic materials?
Old 09-01-2018, 10:20 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We sold a lot of the small portable CoolShirt Kart systems to the local Bandalero racers here in Charlotte over the summer. The bigger version, the Club Bag System is a great option for DE cars that don’t want to install a permanent system. Battery operated, has built in straps to make it easy to strap into the car.

honestly...on a hot day I can’t imagine NOT having the CoolShirt on....

https://naroescapemotorsports.com/pr...oling-systems/

Be Safe, Go Fast, Have Fun!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear
Old 09-01-2018, 11:51 PM
Spinout
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zedcat View Post
I've used the vest with cooling packs and with a 3 pt belt it's helpful. With 6pt harness I couldn't keep the shoulder straps tight. The packs shift around and as they melt it got looser.
I now run a cool vest with frozen packs for hot weather DEs. What a difference in your endurance and comfort when your core is kept cool. I wear them over a shirt and my 6 point harness and they fit just fine. The inserts donĺt thaw much in 30-40 minute sessions They re-freeze in 20 minutes when thrown in 40 degree ice water too

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: