Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

recommended jump starter?

Old 08-21-2018, 04:20 PM
KevinGross
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default recommended jump starter?

Any favorite jump packs? My brother recently recommended the Clore Automotive Booster PAC ES5000. Other opinions and recommendations? Cheers,
Old 08-21-2018, 04:26 PM
Sir5n
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cobra
Old 08-21-2018, 05:04 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have one of these and like it for the size and power https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...-starts/xp-10/
Old 08-21-2018, 06:06 PM
mhm993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Clore brand battery starter from amazon. Battery comes with a warranty.

Amazon Amazon
Old 08-21-2018, 06:48 PM
vwmurph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kevin, How much does size matter? We use the JNC660's at the shop. They get used everyday and have lasted almost 10 years so far

Amazon Amazon

Of course they might be a little too bulky to toss in the car for an emergency

Aaron
Old 08-21-2018, 07:23 PM
KevinGross
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vwmurph View Post
Kevin, How much does size matter? We use the JNC660's at the shop. They get used everyday and have lasted almost 10 years so far
Hey Aaron, size not crucial, gonna throw it in the back of the tow vehicle. Ten years is good. I am tired of replaced batteries in other tools... Cheers,

Old 08-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by KevinGross View Post
Hey Aaron, size not crucial, gonna throw it in the back of the tow vehicle. Ten years is good. I am tired of replaced batteries in other tools... Cheers,
That's why I went with the antigravity. It never leaves my truck unless I'm using it somewhere. You can put it in any car, holds a charge forever, and will start anything short of a large diesel. I've used it on other people far more than me, but it's way smaller than jumper cables!
Old 08-21-2018, 09:13 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Another vote for the Antigravity. Itĺs really amazing how well it can start a car. I keep mine in my truck all the time also. It can start a car multiple times without needing a charge, and once you charge it it seems like it can sit forever and then work.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:04 AM
Rob in VA
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm another fan of the antigravity jump starters. I have one in nearly every car I own. And to make jumping the car easier, there are cables that bolt onto the battery.

Cons
I haven't seen one be able to jump start my diesel tho.
And for the racecar, which has a lithium battery, you'll need to bypass the dummy block (bulky bit) on the jumper cables because it won't have enough power to make a connection. Fix, use the starter harness (below).

Be careful of knockoffs, heck even Amazon sells the knockoffs. The real ones have a matte finish instead of a shiny black. I suggest buying direct from antigravity because lithium products can be dangerous.

Harness - https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...-harness-xp10/
And these are the ones I have - https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...iginal-design/
Old 08-22-2018, 10:17 AM
petee_c
User

I made one from a 4S LiPo battery pack earlier this year when I was having problems with the battery on my DD and riding mower.... It had no safeties in it , and it worked well for a handful of times. Then when I was diagnosing a sticky starter on the lawnmower I left it connected up longer than I should and the LiPo Battery puffed up. It has been retired.

I think the purpose made lipo jump starters have some sort of protection circuitry in them to prevent over discharging the donor battery.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:15 AM
PLNewman
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have one of these...BRAND NEW...that I'll sell for $50 + shipping. The Stanley Professional Power Station combines four USB ports with a jump-starter and a 120-PSI air-compressor. It even has a powerful 3-LED area light so you can see in the pitch dark. The station has a low-profile and a more stable base so it won’t roll around in your trunk like other jumpers. Jumpstart Your Engine If you are stranded on the road with a dead car battery, you don't need another vehicle—just jump-start your battery instantly with this portable power station. With 500 amps, 1,000 peak amps, heavy-duty cables and clamps, you can jumpstart your battery wherever you are. This jump-starter even has the ability to check for potential alternator issues. Power Up Anything, Anywhere, Anytime When you are on the move, the Stanley Professional Power Station has four USB ports, so you can bring the power with you. Charge laptops, tablets, cell phones, MP3 players, radios and more. The Stanley 120 PSI compressor fills vehicle tires, bicycle tires and sports equipment with ease. Specifications 500 amps/1000 peak amps jump-starter with heavy-duty cables and clamps 120 PSI air compressor with Autostop™ feature Four USB charging ports to power and recharge electronic devices (6.2A combined) Alternator check capability indicates potential alternator issues Includes ultra bright LED emergency worklight (three bulbs) Heavy-duty, powder-coated jump starter clamps with 24" reach. Size 16" x 3.2" x 6" - 16 pounds
Old 08-22-2018, 11:53 AM
HenryPcar
User

Originally Posted by KevinGross View Post
Any favorite jump packs? My brother recently recommended the Clore Automotive Booster PAC ES5000. Other opinions and recommendations? Cheers,
This is what I use. Its handy, small, and I have 2. One in my 997 and the other in my daily driver. I already used it a number of times helping others stranded in the parking lot. Impressive that I once used it on a big pickup.

https://www.harborfreight.com/lithiu...ack-62749.html
Old 08-22-2018, 12:43 PM
himself
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have the JCN660. It's started everything including my old diesel. I also used it in a pinch to winch a car. Many years old still going strong. It's relatively portable.

-td
Old 08-23-2018, 10:01 PM
KevinGross
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. Much appreciated.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:15 AM
rlm328
Addict
Rennlist Member

These guys the DSR ProSeries 2212 made by Schumacher. I had mine for 5 years before the battery went out (the jumper had been abused for a power source other than jumping). Got a replacement battery and it is like brand new.

http://jumpstartersguide.com/schumac...tarter-review/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: