Sponsored by:

NJMP PCA Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 10:40 AM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Did the Orange enduro get any rain on Sun?
Nope, we lucked out and it stayed dry the whole time

Had a lot of fun - some frustrating Sprint races, but the Enduro saved my weekend. Had a great time trying to catch Hunt
Old 08-20-2018, 10:45 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

I sat out yellow Sprint 3 because my car was making some god awful noises, so I watched from the turn 1 stand. There were a couple of nice battles going on. Fun to watch.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:01 AM
will968
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Paolo goes dirt tracking in sprint 1

Old 08-20-2018, 11:36 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by PGas32

Had a lot of fun - some frustrating Sprint races, but the Enduro saved my weekend. Had a great time trying to catch Hunt
Yes, dammit! I was hoping for rain. It stayed dry until I hit the bridge to PA. Then it rained the rest of the night so nothing got unloaded from the truck or trailer.

I struggled to find grip on old tires all weekend. I still can't quite figure out how I got a trophy on Saturday but it was fun and yesterday was much better then Saturday weather wise.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:37 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 492 Posts

What a great race weekend! Many thanks to Pete Debusman and all the Schattenbaum folks for putting this on. Also thank you for all the volunteers and the PCA National Team for sweating it out with us in the heat and humidity. It was great being able to put a face to many RL names and hang out with Paul, Luigi and many others. It was also great meeting Nizer, a true gentleman!

Unfortunately my 911 vintage car blew its engine in Practice 2 so I only had the Cayman to drive. Many thanks to the Bodymotion team for fixing my clutch problems in THAT car just prior to the weekend. The Red Run Group was huge and it called for some strategizing for the Practice Sessions and Qualifying. The racing was awesome, a lot of respect and heads-up driving especially given the speed differentials out there. I struggled all weekend with grip but ended up victorious in the Enduro which marked a great end of my racing season.

Now the ugly: The tire support issue was totally appalling. Phil's Tire Service was not only late by a day but also totally understaffed. This needs to be better organized in the future.

Video - White Enduro:

Old 08-20-2018, 12:45 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

It was awesome racing with Hunt in sprint 1 (and 2 and 3), for some reason I lucked out and finished in front of him, but he got me back in sprint 2 and 3.......
after all he is a SPB master......

Since we have pics of my "grass mowing" moment, here is a clip of the latter part Sprint 1 after the restart......

Old 08-20-2018, 01:22 PM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

God I look like I’m standing still out there. Good race!
as far as Phil’s I heard the delay was mostly because they found out the day before they needed to pick up the pirelli tires also because the other shop wasn’t coming. Not sure how true that is but in any event none of that should happen for something g that’s scheduled months in advance.

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
What a great race weekend! Many thanks to Pete Debusman and all the Schattenbaum folks for putting this on. Also thank you for all the volunteers and the PCA National Team for sweating it out with us in the heat and humidity. It was great being able to put a face to many RL names and hang out with Paul, Luigi and many others. It was also great meeting Nizer, a true gentleman!

Unfortunately my 911 vintage car blew its engine in Practice 2 so I only had the Cayman to drive. Many thanks to the Bodymotion team for fixing my clutch problems in THAT car just prior to the weekend. The Red Run Group was huge and it called for some strategizing for the Practice Sessions and Qualifying. The racing was awesome, a lot of respect and heads-up driving especially given the speed differentials out there. I struggled all weekend with grip but ended up victorious in the Enduro which marked a great end of my racing season.

Now the ugly: The tire support issue was totally appalling. Phil's Tire Service was not only late by a day but also totally understaffed. This needs to be better organized in the future.

Video - White Enduro:

https://youtu.be/cGiYAy1fqHY
Old 08-20-2018, 01:32 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Speeds5
God I look like I’m standing still out there. Good race!
as far as Phil’s I heard the delay was mostly because they found out the day before they needed to pick up the pirelli tires also because the other shop wasn’t coming. Not sure how true that is but in any event none of that should happen for something g that’s scheduled months in advance.

+1 Mine got mounted Sat afternoon. With no warm up to scuff them on Sunday, I stayed on old tires. You can in-fact get 24 heat cycles on Toyo RRs. Just not fast ones.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by PGas32

Fun for you maybe! All I had were terrifying visions of P3 slipping away!

Really nice driving by all the SPBs.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:43 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S

Thanks for the kind words Frank. Great meeting you as well and finally putting a name to a face. Always admired your car and enjoyed watching you run.

Couldn't agree more on tire service. Had Woodman been there I could've completed the weekend.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:04 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

First a huge thank you to all the volunteers that make these events happen. Pete and his group always run a laid back and fun event. Dave, Pat, Brent (I know I’m forgetting many) also keep things running smooth. And Brent gave my car a bit of special attention before the points races that may have contributed to my performance.

Friday started off well. First practice was good. I didn’t know then that my day would go downhill from there.

I don’t do heat well. And it was HOT. The morning was warm but the rest of the day was just HOT. And humid. The kind of humid where once you start sweating you don’t stop. Until Sunday night.

That made for a crazy slippery, greasy track. The brake zones were like ice. They were also my demise. Practice 2 saw me slide off the track at T8 whereupon I had to go to black flag. Re-entering the track I found myself in traffic and a bit tentative in the heavier brake zones so down the order I went. Not trusting the grip in the brake zones stuck with me all weekend.

Qualifying was only slightly better.

Saturday was a bit cooler and the track felt considerably better. But I was in a pretty deep hole. I had wanted to try to pester the Texas boys but that wasn’t going to happen from where I was starting.

But what a fantastic couple of sprints! So damned much fun. Trading positions with Hoyt and Paolo was an absolute blast. NJMP seems to keep the racing close and it was too much fun. Unfortunately I did not get video of Sprint 1. I finished P3 in both Sprints on Saturday.

Sunday was points race day and I was still pretty far down the order to take a shot at the Texans. The cars between me and them were disinclined to let me pass. But I did what I had to do and in Sprint 3 I got a great start and held off Paolo while chasing Hoyt until he made a mistake in T3 and I was able to get by to finish 3rd.

The enduro was equally fun before the pit stop. It was a nonstop chase with Hoyt in front of me until I made the decision to pit. I figured I wasn’t getting around him and I was wearing out my tires trying so maybe I could leap frog him in the pits. And with a near perfectly executed pit stop (5:01) I may have done just that. As I came out of the pits I was set upon by Gasparovic. He was glued to my bumper for far too long. I was starting to wonder how much longer I could hold him off. But traffic came into play and I was able to edge away to hold P3. Always P3! At one point I did something to Lainey for which I apologized profusely after the race. My ego was telling me just how great I was but a higher power decided to step in and teach me a lesson Thankfully she was paying attention. I thought I was ending both our races.

Speaking of paying attention, kudos to everyone in our group. No yellows in the enduro! And traffic played very nice. I made some bold passes that I know I could not have if people weren’t paying attention.

Fun as always to catch up with the Provost and EPS crews

A special shout out to Steve Wilson for his radio work. A good radio man can mean positions gained

Enjoy the videos!

Sprint 3

Sprint 2

Enduro

Old 09-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Rennpoints updated

Quick Reply: NJMP PCA Club Race