Sponsored by:

NJMP PCA Club Race

Old 08-09-2018, 11:28 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
s they want to grow the smallest group, to the detriment of the largest group? doesnt make business sense to me, i dont think.
you could run them with the 944s or some group even if not exacltythe same speed, heck if i was them id want to have more in the group. 14 is like a track member day when noone shows up. they too want cars to pass or cars to pass them.
but puttig their concerns aside. have some 60 in one group, 60 in another and 14 doesntseem like an appropriate allocation of track space amongst folks.
we'll have a great event. just saying, doesnt make sense. put them all back in the hopper and creat 3 groups and vintage just has to run with whomever.
I hear you and have no dog in this fight since I don't run a vintage car. That being said, I was at the first vintage race at Summit a couple of years ago and thought it was a very cool idea. I support it.

That being said, I think after this year it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw some of the older cars in with vintage like the 944s. They are technically vintage cars so why not? I believe some kinks will be worked out by next year.

Originally Posted by Pete Debusmann
As an aside the wider spectrum of cars makes for better racing. The fast cars will catch the back markers much sooner and make traffic management more important. Several years ago we did a support race of one run group of 50 cars. SP1 up to the latest cups at the time. The racing was great and everyone had a good time, even the SP1 driver. Let’s hope for good weather, that is more important than the run group splits

Pete
+1

Multi-class racing is awesome. I've been both the slowest and fastest class over the years and either way I have fun.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:03 AM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Pete: First and foremost, a big THANK YOU to you and the others from Schattenbaum. You all put on a great PCA Club Race and DE every year. I know its way more work then most of us could even imagine. We are very fortunate you all step up, so we can race.

And yes, good weather is way more important that run group splits!

I was fully aware of both the Vintage group restriction and the 50 per group plan.

Been watching the count closely and was "hoping" it would allow E to squeeze in with the SPB and 944 Cup and hit 50.
Instead it looks like that grouping would be at 51 (7 E, 28 SPB, 16 944Cup). It seems there is also one GTB1 running exhibition, so that makes it 52.

Current count on clubreg shows 51 for "All other" and 49 for 944Cup, SPB, SPC, GT5 & GTB-1 Exhibition.
Looks like there is also an 8th E car on the wait list.

What's the deadline if I wanted to change to the Vintage group?
Old 08-10-2018, 08:04 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

do E cars qualify for vintage? Could all of E run in vintage?
Old 08-10-2018, 08:38 AM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
do E cars qualify for vintage? Could all of E run in vintage?
Eligible models: Only 1983 or older air cooled (356, 911, 912, or 914) Porsches.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 800 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by M_Weining
During the event, it usually just involves filling out a change form, have it signed off by the Steward and present it to Timing and Scoring.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:04 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 912 Posts

As an aside the wider spectrum of cars makes for better racing. The fast cars will catch the back markers much sooner and make traffic management more important. Several years ago we did a support race of one run group of 50 cars. SP1 up to the latest cups at the time. The racing was great and everyone had a good time, even the SP1 driver. Let’s hope for good weather, that is more important than the run group splits

Pete

I like mixed classes but 50+ cars on a relatively small track with lap time differentials of as much as 12 seconds seems like a pretty big roll of the dice. Really hope it comes off clean.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:20 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Don't even think about it.

I understand that vintage get's it's own group but every E car except for one looks vintage. We could do a split start.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
I like mixed classes but 50+ cars on a relatively small track with lap time differentials of as much as 12 seconds seems like a pretty big roll of the dice. Really hope it comes off clean.
Good point. In the past we had similar time differentials at this track and it worked out because there was a lot of respect and good communication by everybody (fast cars, slow cars and everybody in between). The NJMP PCA races historically had very little car to car contact so I hope we keep it this way.

Paul and I will be bringing a pool so the hot heads can cool off if required. Somehow we lost the palm tree at VIR. There was a lot of Grey Goose and Martini involved.

I bet the car count in Vintage will go up next year. It’s a huge growth opportunity for PCA and attracts a lot of drivers from other organizations.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Pete: First and foremost, a big THANK YOU to you and the others from Schattenbaum. You all put on a great PCA Club Race and DE every year. I know its way more work then most of us could even imagine. We are very fortunate you all step up, so we can race.

And yes, good weather is way more important that run group splits!

I was fully aware of both the Vintage group restriction and the 50 per group plan.

Been watching the count closely and was "hoping" it would allow E to squeeze in with the SPB and 944 Cup and hit 50.
Instead it looks like that grouping would be at 51 (7 E, 28 SPB, 16 944Cup). It seems there is also one GTB1 running exhibition, so that makes it 52.

Current count on clubreg shows 51 for "All other" and 49 for 944Cup, SPB, SPC, GT5 & GTB-1 Exhibition.
Looks like there is also an 8th E car on the wait list.

I am the only "I" Class car there I think so they could throw me in that group to get to 50 cough cough Pete...

Yep, Frank and I will have the pool but really not sure where the palm tree went in the VIR madness LOL. Did we lose the golf cart flags too???
Old 08-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Pete Debusmann
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Smile

There is a prepared I as well, so no.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

There is a prepared I as well, so no.
Can't blame a fella for trying!! Thanks for all the effort Pete, greatly appreciated as always!!
Not sure what Prepared I is actually, I thought Prepared was done away with and if you were modified you went up a class...
Old 08-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
Yep, Frank and I will have the pool but really not sure where the palm tree went in the VIR madness LOL. Did we lose the golf cart flags too???
No worries, the flags are secure.

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
Can't blame a fella for trying!! Thanks for all the effort Pete, greatly appreciated as always!!
Not sure what Prepared I is actually, I thought Prepared was done away with and if you were modified you went up a class...
Prepared I is a Stock H car that has been modified.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:22 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S

No worries, the flags are secure.

Prepared I is a Stock H car that has been modified.
Perfect, I have replacement Palm Tree so we are ok!!
So technically Prepared I is just I correct? If I modified my car for example I just go to J was my understanding not J Prepared. Bottom line is there is someone else in I
Old 08-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Pete Debusmann
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Paul, correct

i think the way it should be referenced is “Prepared to”

So in your case if you made any of the allowed prepared mods your car would be Prepared to J.
Under the current usage you would be Prepared J

Somewhat less confusing.

Pete
Old 08-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Paul, correct

i think the way it should be referenced is “Prepared to”

So in your case if you made any of the allowed prepared mods your car would be Prepared to J.
Under the current usage you would be Prepared J

Somewhat less confusing.

Pete
Thanks Pete. Pish posh, nothing about PCA rules is confusing at all!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NJMP PCA Club Race