Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bittting the bullet and buying slicks for the runoffs. Suggestions for size & Brand?

Old 10-06-2018, 07:22 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 800 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
im hoping the main difference is that they are FASTER!
It depends. I have run both tires and the construction is very different. They have much stiffer sidewalls so your overall spring rates will change. Depending on the compound you bought it is also easy to cold tear them when warming up.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:37 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S

It depends. I have run both tires and the construction is very different. They have much stiffer sidewalls so your overall spring rates will change. Depending on the compound you bought it is also easy to cold tear them when warming up.
the medium soft compound (the "8"... there is a 7/8 or 9)

Old 10-17-2018, 10:49 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
That's exactly what I posted a couple of pages ago. Pirelli DH and Michelin are VERY different tires.
YEAH, Michelins stick much better. my god, they are the gold standard! after 4 or 5 turns, they were gripping beyond belief.. then after a few laps, i hit them hard, following one of the faster cars in the group and was almost keeping up.. night and day to be able near the monster car's cornering and braking abilities. you dont need to learn much on them, you just want to go faster and they go faster. very forgiving, very predictable...........and i havent even pushed the full limit yet.. i hope to in the race. will play around with the hoosiers for a toss away session tomorrow and come out ready to push them in the race on saturday. the cars now, are STUPID fast now in GT2. top guys are running 1:37.xx and for those that know how fast that is, you should be amazed. (old GT2 ALMS times back in the day , early 2000s)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bittting the bullet and buying slicks for the runoffs. Suggestions for size & Brand?