Sponsored by:

New Track for Miami? "The Concours Club"

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 04:53 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default New Track for Miami? "The Concours Club"

Anyone hear anything about this? Is F1 is coming to Miami? for real?

Miami, a city famous for its mind-numbing traffic and slow-cruise culture, is lately looking like the best city for cars in America.

Soon after Formula One won its bid to hold a race there next year and Grand Basel announced it’ll have an automotive event there in February, two developers have solidified plans to build a $220 million racetrack and private members club just 11 miles from Miami’s artsy Wynwood district.

Set to open at Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport in May 2019, The Concours Club will offer more than 2 miles of racetrack designed by Alan Wilson, plus an infinity pool and jacuzzi, full spa and a hammam, wine and cigar storage, restaurant and bar, and full concierge services.

The amenities are what set us apart,” said co-founder Neil Gehani. “We want to be sure we bring in the right people, and then we want to keep everyone here once they get here.”

Gehani and co-owner Jay Pollak will offer 40 founding memberships costing $350,000, with no annual dues. Founding members will then invite friends and colleagues to buy “legacy memberships” capped at 150 people. Those will cost $125,000 plus annual dues. Corporate memberships may be offered shortly after the initial opening

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...super-car-club

is there room for another driving club in So Fla? in Opa Locka?
Old 07-19-2018, 05:12 PM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks pretty nice, but too pricey. The track is only good from Nov-April, bc its too damn hot the rest of the year.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:12 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Same crap as Miller, Nola, PBIR, etc.
All hairpins, crap track.

Great way to write off 200M.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:24 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

more
https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...tml#g/438364/1
Old 07-19-2018, 08:35 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Same crap as Miller, Nola, PBIR, etc.
All hairpins, crap track.

Great way to write off 200M.
Thats my concern. 2 miles long with 3 hair pins. It appears there isn't a single 4th gear sweeper. Why you would build a track without one is crazy. PBIR is 40 minutes from my house and I won't go there. It's useless, can't even test and tune on it given its layout. I'd have interest in the Miami track if it weren't as you described, but instead I'll continue to maintain my membership at MotorSport Ranch in Cresson, TX. That is a fun track!
Old 07-20-2018, 10:45 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Thats my concern. 2 miles long with 3 hair pins. It appears there isn't a single 4th gear sweeper. Why you would build a track without one is crazy. PBIR is 40 minutes from my house and I won't go there. It's useless, can't even test and tune on it given its layout. I'd have interest in the Miami track if it weren't as you described, but instead I'll continue to maintain my membership at MotorSport Ranch in Cresson, TX. That is a fun track!
I struggle to think who comes up with these business plans. Must be some huge tax write-off somewhere. Somewhat similar to PBIR except way more expensive.

I always said there is not racetrack i don't like, I just like some more than others. But PBIR IMHO has no flow and that T1-T2 complex is chaos at starts.

Hope they build it and have some "guest" days. Its not far from me. Maybe I need to stop by JakerMc for a set of tires for my street cars
Old 07-20-2018, 11:48 AM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

all the scca guys i know complain about alan wilsons designs.... this is the guy that did CMP, AMP and others ?
Old 07-20-2018, 01:42 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Originally Posted by BK77
Looks pretty nice, but too pricey. The track is only good from Nov-April, bc its too damn hot the rest of the year.

for $125k/yr I bet they let you run windows up and AC on.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by ohenryinatlanta
all the scca guys i know complain about alan wilsons designs.... this is the guy that did CMP, AMP and others ?
Yes, Miller and Nola.
Crap.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:06 PM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
I struggle to think who comes up with these business plans. Must be some huge tax write-off somewhere. Somewhat similar to PBIR except way more expensive.

I always said there is not racetrack i don't like, I just like some more than others. But PBIR IMHO has no flow and that T1-T2 complex is chaos at starts.

Hope they build it and have some "guest" days. Its not far from me. Maybe I need to stop by JakerMc for a set of tires for my street cars
country club model for race tracks is a great idea, but trying to match CC pricing is where I get confused. I feel common sense gets forgotten; once dues are paid a round of golf costs about $4, a "round" of driving is >$2k. Got to either have huge pockets or miniscule dicks to shell out that kind of coin for track access.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:11 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by mehoff
country club model for race tracks is a great idea, but trying to match CC pricing is where I get confused. I feel common sense gets forgotten; once dues are paid a round of golf costs about $4, a "round" of driving is >$2k. Got to either have huge pockets or miniscule dicks to shell out that kind of coin for track access.

I don't know but it does keep the White Trash like me on the outside.

Peter
Old 07-20-2018, 11:18 PM
gobuffs
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are houses in the right hand side of the pic...not going to ever get cars on it. Waiting for the NIMBYs...
Old 07-21-2018, 01:28 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Maybe I need to stop by JakerMc for a set of tires for my street cars
Please do! Serving the real enthusiasts and the racers is what makes the gig fun for me. Plus we are probably the ONLY independent shop in southern Florida that utilizes the Hunter Revolution to change tires. Its a tire changing robot that eliminates metal on metal contact with the wheel. Not sure if it was a sound business investment at $35K, but glad my own wheels are mounted on it.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:17 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

giant go cart track
Old 07-22-2018, 04:18 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Please do! Serving the real enthusiasts and the racers is what makes the gig fun for me. Plus we are probably the ONLY independent shop in southern Florida that utilizes the Hunter Revolution to change tires. Its a tire changing robot that eliminates metal on metal contact with the wheel. Not sure if it was a sound business investment at $35K, but glad my own wheels are mounted on it.
I was not aware you had that shop until i read this thread.

I don't expect the tires on the new toy to last long...

Quick Reply: New Track for Miami? "The Concours Club"