Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mercedes Deal for Hamilton

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 06:55 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,744 Likes on 2,172 Posts

… though, for Lewis, I think it's the other side of his burning motivation to win, which often does enable him to win. He's no role model for our kids, and it's difficult to look up to him as an adult (understatement!), but he's pretty good at his job of driving the car, when he's not having a bad day.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:22 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Fvck Hamilton. Because the Mercedes has been so dominant, he's only had to beat a single teammate the past 5 years and not the entire field. W hen he lost to Rosberg, he was a prima dona the entire 2016 season even accusing the team of purposely making his car less reliable!!?!?! Who the F says that to their own team after he's won 3 WDC? Now that he has to race 1 guy from another team (because Bottas isn't a threat), he's again losing his mind... He's weak mentally and overrated. 90% of the grid would have won in that Mercedes over the past 5 years. He has to work for it now.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:16 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
Kimi was poor, Ocon races karts on one set of tires all season and slept in their van. There are the rags to riches stories in F1 if not harder to fine these days.

I'm not quite sure that the definition of poor is only being able to afford less expensive motorsport. Perhaps a more accurate description would be "not filthy rich"?
Old 07-21-2018, 10:27 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by seanseidman
Let's play a new game. Let's start with the drivers on the grid that CANNOT win in the Mercedes. I'll go first: Lance Stroll. Your turn.

This game is more fun than commenting on Hamilton’s new contract...

My answer is...............Grosjean!

He couldn’t win in the Mercedes.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:25 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinout

This game is more fun than commenting on Hamilton’s new contract...

My answer is...............Grosjean!

He couldn’t win in the Mercedes.

What???? He is always close to the top of the B Flight.

Put him in one of the Big 3 teams and he's in contention.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:05 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,237 Likes on 1,576 Posts

***SPOILER***

I guess for all of us who were questioning the amount Mercedes paid Lewis he made us all STFU. That being said, did he really win only because of team orders? Bottas looked to have the faster car in the closing laps.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,872 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
***SPOILER***

I guess for all of us who were questioning the amount Mercedes paid Lewis he made us all STFU. That being said, did he really win only because of team orders? Bottas looked to have the faster car in the closing laps.
Luigi, he had brand new tires on, off course Bottas was the faster car and would have won. I can't say Hamilton won the race as much as Vettel threw it away, but I've got to give Hamilton credit for doing exactly what the team needed him to do. Mercedes strategists definitely outdid the Ferrari and Red Bull pit wall today for sure.

Can't believe my man Ricciardo always has the worst luck!! He had a fresh engine too!!
Old 07-22-2018, 02:53 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,744 Likes on 2,172 Posts

***SPOILER***

My impression is that Bottas was faster initially, but then Hamilton was faster once his tires warmed up. Team orders seemed to come well after Hamilton had already pulled away.

Sucks for Vettel, he had it right in the palm of his hand. Hamilton did a good job, but also lucked out with the weather cooperating with the strategy. If the rain had been harder, it would have been game over for Hamilton.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:33 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
My impression is that Bottas was faster initially, but then Hamilton was faster once his tires warmed up. Team orders seemed to come well after Hamilton had already pulled away.

Sucks for Vettel, he had it right in the palm of his hand. Hamilton did a good job, but also lucked out with the weather cooperating with the strategy. If the rain had been harder, it would have been game over for Hamilton.
+1
Old 07-22-2018, 03:36 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 913 Posts

***SPOILER***

don't forget the gift from the stewards.

Last edited by Nizer; 07-22-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:02 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts

I am a Vettel fan and I dont like LKH but I guess we have to give it to him. Hamilton is the best driver of the post-Schumacher era.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:53 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Fvck Hamilton. Because the Mercedes has been so dominant, he's only had to beat a single teammate the past 5 years and not the entire field. W hen he lost to Rosberg, he was a prima dona the entire 2016 season even accusing the team of purposely making his car less reliable!!?!?! Who the F says that to their own team after he's won 3 WDC? Now that he has to race 1 guy from another team (because Bottas isn't a threat), he's again losing his mind... He's weak mentally and overrated. 90% of the grid would have won in that Mercedes over the past 5 years. He has to work for it now.
Well for a guy starting in 14th position he did ok. I expect that he helped earn the money payed by starting 14th and winning. It’s ok to hate a guy who got it done.

Hatred of real talent is just jealousy.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:02 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
Luigi, he had brand new tires on, off course Bottas was the faster car and would have won. I can't say Hamilton won the race as much as Vettel threw it away, but I've got to give Hamilton credit for doing exactly what the team needed him to do. Mercedes strategists definitely outdid the Ferrari and Red Bull pit wall today for sure.

Can't believe my man Ricciardo always has the worst luck!! He had a fresh engine too!!
How does that foot taste?

Go ahead and take your L like a man. You must have meant 80% of the population on rennlist don't like Lewis. 80% of the population outside of the UK doesn't even keep up with racing. Not even close. Just showing that your are corrupted by your hatred. He's by far the most popular driver. Looks at his endorsements. Let's guess who makes the most in that area too. That is essentially a popularity contest.

But I'll leave you to be mad all day while his fans celebrate his win. Sorry to interrupt the Hamilton hate fest circle jerk.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:09 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,872 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
How does that foot taste?

Go ahead and take your L like a man. You must have meant 80% of the population on rennlist don't like Lewis. 80% of the population outside of the UK doesn't even keep up with racing. Not even close. Just showing that your are corrupted by your hatred. He's by far the most popular driver. Looks at his endorsements. Let's guess who makes the most in that area too. That is essentially a popularity contest.

But I'll leave you to be mad all day while his fans celebrate his win. Sorry to interrupt the Hamilton hate fest circle jerk.
Why are you making it personal — you come off like a a$$hat. If you want to be a Lewis ball washer you can get in line behind the FIA who should have penalized him for getting out of his car on a hot track yesterday and then for going across the pit lane today. But the FIA let both go. You have your day today, they’ll be others...

Old 07-22-2018, 06:49 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I love Danny. He comes to LA fairly often. He is at home with the high $ guys as with the homies. Of all the racers one would want living next too he is number 1. Seb is 2 because he is an appropripatecranky guy.

Quick Reply: New Mercedes Deal for Hamilton