Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the PCA run at NCM?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 10:30 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Its a muscle car track...I actually like the track, fun layout, highly technical, precision is rewarded. But, it caters to the muscle car crowd. The last weekend I was there, they had a muscle car show there all weekend and they were doing parade laps with the muscle cars and antiques. High risk of lubing up and oiling down the track. Insane I thought. Had so many muscle/antiques and visitors looking at same, that the track guys arriving had no where to park in the paddock.....
Old 07-22-2018, 10:31 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

And I guarantee, 95 percent of those muscle cars didnt pass sound.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:33 PM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

Yes, gear head lookers are attracted to the venue. But it is not a “muscle car” track. Not true.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:35 PM
provoste
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 911therapy
Its a muscle car track...I actually like the track, fun layout, highly technical, precision is rewarded. But, it caters to the muscle car crowd. The last weekend I was there, they had a muscle car show there all weekend and they were doing parade laps with the muscle cars and antiques. High risk of lubing up and oiling down the track. Insane I thought. Had so many muscle/antiques and visitors looking at same, that the track guys arriving had no where to park in the paddock.....
NCM is my home track and I’m there a lot. I’ve never experienced anything like this.. not normal. Also, any 3.2 mile track where a well driven Miata can pass high HP cars, I wouldn’t define as a muscle car track.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:20 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by provoste

NCM is my home track and I’m there a lot. I’ve never experienced anything like this.. not normal. Also, any 3.2 mile track where a well driven Miata can pass high HP cars, I wouldn’t define as a muscle car track.
I dont mean that its a track intended to run muscle cars on...I am saying that whomever runs the track is open and welcoming to a muscle car crowd and that they allow muscle and antique cars to run around on the track and to use the track facilities. I've never seen that at any other track. Thats probably not a terrible thing, a track wants/needs to be busy and sustainable. Just a bit scary letting those vehicles, that arent track prepped and inspected, on track to a high risk of oiling it down. As I said, the track itself is great, wish it was in my backyard.

But, all this goes to the point mentioned earlier....porsche's have trouble passing sound...and muscle cars on track have no trouble.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:23 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by provoste

I gotcha, I must have been there on an odd weekend. I got there at 5pm on a Friday for a Chi event. GThe parking lot was packed, there was a muscle car show in most of the parking lot and there were about 200 muscle cars lined up to go on track.

Quick Reply: Will the PCA run at NCM?