Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

makowiecki at le mans......opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts
Default makowiecki at le mans......opinions?

while a good battle, the driving done by him in the "rothmans" 911 was chickens*t IMHO. some was good solid defense, and quite a bit was flat out dangerous. bourdais drove hard and clean. when he passed, then makowiecki would retake, bourdain defended but made one move then held his position. not weave, or drive the other guy off like makowiecki did. no respect for that type of driving. kind of surprised that NFA was the result of the race directors investigation. on a side note.....WTF is the issue with these networks? velocity is supposed to broadcast the entire race live.....sounds great. however, the recording ends with an hour left in the race???

Last edited by Bull_D; 06-17-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:48 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I liked it. The over-head video from The Coach (very well done segments from Velocity, btw) looked fine.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:29 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull_D
while a good battle, the driving done by him in the "rothmans" 911 was chickens*t IMHO. some was good solid defense, and quite a bit was flat out dangerous. bourdais drove hard and clean. when he passed, then makowiecki would retake, bourdain defended but made one move then held his position. not weave, or drive the other guy off like makowiecki did. no respect for that type of driving. kind of surprised that NFA was the result of the race directors investigation.
Agree completely. The Porsche team boss’ lame excuse that “it’s the race director’s job to investigate these things and they found no fault” is crap, too.

Fred’s better than that. I remember when he was a privateer, before he was tapped by the factory teams, and he NEVER pulled that s#!t!
Old 06-17-2018, 05:03 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I was expecting a penalty to be handed down but it never came. Glad the Pink Pig was down the road and had no part.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:13 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
I was expecting a penalty to be handed down but it never came. Glad the Pink Pig was down the road and had no part.
Agreed. #untainted
Old 06-17-2018, 05:20 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 06-17-2018, 06:03 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Seb passing on the outside down into Indianapolis! CRAZY good! But when Fred ran him off the road, that was a real problem... there WAS overlap.

And crossing the width of the road MULTIPLE times, in response to the following car’s position, that is called “depriving the other car of racing room...”

Bad (non) call.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:09 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

No comment on the driving but that livery rocks!
Old 06-17-2018, 06:37 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts

Awesome to watch though. One of the few highlights of the race. Otherwise boring. Nothing going on in the LMP1s. Are they becoming irrelevant?
Old 06-17-2018, 06:51 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 880 Likes on 533 Posts

Hasn't he been in trouble before? I vaguely remember something from a year or so ago where he was penalized etc?? I sort of thought he had the rep as a dirty driver.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:31 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I see the weaving down the straights as trying to break the draft, not blocking. I haven't reviewed it multiple times (just the clip above), but it looked like the Porsche was the first to move (at least on the straights). Pushing the Ford out to the grass was border-line... but, this is the last few hours of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I wouldn't have expected much else from anyone..... /shrug

-mike
Old 06-17-2018, 07:35 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
No comment on the driving but that livery rocks!
Yep... Looked terrific on the 911!
Old 06-17-2018, 09:05 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=....WTF is the issue with these networks? velocity is supposed to broadcast the entire race live.....sounds great. however, the recording ends with an hour left in the race??? [/QUOTE]

Must have been your DVR. I watched the checkered *** and 10 mins of post race hoopla before Velocity cut to another program. Cheers to Velocity for broadcoasting the entire race on 1 channel without having to search the guide to connect the segments together.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:47 PM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

I agree, i didn't see anything out of the ordinary from the Porsche. As you said, the weaving on the straight were initiated by the Porsche to not give the Ford the drafting advantage. Nothing wrong with that, there no blocking there at all. Great battle there at the end.

Originally Posted by fleadh
I see the weaving down the straights as trying to break the draft, not blocking. I haven't reviewed it multiple times (just the clip above), but it looked like the Porsche was the first to move (at least on the straights). Pushing the Ford out to the grass was border-line... but, this is the last few hours of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I wouldn't have expected much else from anyone..... /shrug

-mike
Old 06-18-2018, 12:22 AM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadh

-mike

Mike, After reading your comments, I watched the video again and paid particular attention to which car initiated the move. I'm with you on this one.

Quick Reply: makowiecki at le mans......opinions?