Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone use Paintshield 5720 for track day temporary paint protection?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 10:57 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Has anyone use Paintshield 5720 for track day temporary paint protection?

http://generalchemicalcorp.mybigcomm...eld-5720.html#

I searched for this on google and seems some M3 guys used it but cant find any reviews...

looking for something quick and easy for HPDE days.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:49 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Tracwrap by XPEL

If you're interested in temporary paint protection film, we recently released Tracwrap by XPEL. It's an 8mil thick, temporary paint protection film. It's perfect for autocross, track days, road trips, and more.

Here is a video comparing it to blue painters tape.

It has an air channel adhesive that allows it to be installed dry, by you, at the track. It is easily removable and won't leave adhesive behind.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:59 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,638 Posts

Does anyone have experience installing tracwrap?

Also, how long can it be left on the car? Can I leave it there all summer?

I wish they made it available in wider widths for smaller quantities. My hood might looks like a shingled roof with those 4" strips!
Old 06-13-2018, 10:25 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

I have used the paint shield stuff. It does work well. At $25 a gallon it seems expensive but my guess is that you can get 5 applications from a gallon. It does not come with instructions. I put it on with a 4" small paint roller. DO NOT roll it over body seams or around any area where it can seep in, like around a headlight. It will be a pita to get out of those areas. Do not roll it over hood and body seam as it may drip in and glue your hood/frunk lid shut. Make sure that it has a continuous edge, not dotted like a not so full roller can do. You want all of the stuff well connected so it is easier to peel off. I put a fan in front of the car and was able to apply 3 coats in about 2 hours. It goes on white and dries clear, but leaves a funky texture. It will also turn white with exposure to moisture, like evening dew or rain. Goes back to clear when dry. Lastly, write down where you put this stuff. So when you peel it off you won't miss any area and find it the next time you wash your car. It looks and smells like some type of PVA adhesive so it makes sense that it can be peeled off from any smooth surface. Like Elmer's glue almost.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:02 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default TRACWRAP

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Does anyone have experience installing tracwrap?

Also, how long can it be left on the car? Can I leave it there all summer?

I wish they made it available in wider widths for smaller quantities. My hood might looks like a shingled roof with those 4" strips!
Good questions. Tracwrap can be left on all summer. If you do a clean installation then it'll look fairly invisible so it would be good to leave on all summer. If you did a faster installation that left more bubbles or gaps then you may want to redo certain sections here and there.

We make it also in 6,12, and 18 inch widths by 40 or 100 feet long. So you could get much bigger pieces. As a PCA member you also receive 20% Off TRACWRAP. To order with the discount just call our customer support team at 210-678-3700 and tell them you're with the PCA, saw this on Rennlist, and they'll apply the 20% off discount.

Hope this helps. Let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Quick Reply: Has anyone use Paintshield 5720 for track day temporary paint protection?