Sponsored by:

Laguna Seca Onboard Video - 996 GT3R

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 01:36 AM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Laguna Seca Onboard Video - 996 GT3R

We attended the Spring Classic Vintage Race at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago. Fun event - very low key relative to Rennsport or the Historics. Below is some video from one of the races. Never quite got into a rhythm, but always a great time to get a chance to run at Laguna Seca in a loud car! It was more of an exhibition than an actual race with everyone taking it real easy most of the time. Cooked the front brakes and took a little trip through the gravel in 2 trying to run down an old Trans Am car with 800 hp - guess that's what I get for not flushing the brake fluid before the event!!

Camera is a Garmin Virb. Great video quality but the sound is not nearly as good as my GoPro. Onboard GPS laptime and speed not quite right with Motec, but close enough.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:04 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by claykos
We attended the Spring Classic Vintage Race at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago. Fun event - very low key relative to Rennsport or the Historics. Below is some video from one of the races. Never quite got into a rhythm, but always a great time to get a chance to run at Laguna Seca in a loud car! It was more of an exhibition than an actual race with everyone taking it real easy most of the time. Cooked the front brakes and took a little trip through the gravel in 2 trying to run down an old Trans Am car with 800 hp - guess that's what I get for not flushing the brake fluid before the event!!

Camera is a Garmin Virb. Great video quality but the sound is not nearly as good as my GoPro. Onboard GPS laptime and speed not quite right with Motec, but close enough.

https://youtu.be/63aDBa1cKc4
cool video ..... i was going to go.. but decided not too after a scare about the field size and their rules for the cars markings.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:54 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 612 Likes on 300 Posts

Thanks for video fun to watch a "shifter" 996 more entertaining then paddles To bad about brakes guess you need them when turning those lap times
Rich
Old 06-05-2018, 09:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,412 Likes on 754 Posts

God I love your car
As you very well know!
Old 06-06-2018, 12:25 AM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks guys. It's a fun car to drive, but very challenging with no driver aids. One of these days I'll figure out how to get below 1:30....
Old 06-06-2018, 02:10 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 214 Posts

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca Onboard Video - 996 GT3R