Sponsored by:

Tremblant Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 10:50 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts
Default Tremblant Question

I need a bit of advice on the DE at Tremblant.
I will be doing the 3 day NER/NNJR event at Tremblant. It is a Fri, Sat, Sunday event.
I am bringing my wife along on this trip and booked the Westin in the Village so she has some things to do if she doesn't want to come to the track on any of the 3 days that I'm driving.
We are staying over Sunday night and driving back on Monday morning. That way we can hang and enjoy the food/booze and the Blues Festival on Sunday night after the event is over.
My question is "What do I do with my track car and trailer on Sunday night?"
I don't think I can leave it at The Westin as parking is limited in the Village.
What do you folks do with you track car and trailer if you stay over on Sunday night?
Does the track let you leave the trailer/track car there overnight and pick it up in the morning?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:48 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

Usually there are events seven days a week at Tremblant, you can always ask if it's ok to leave it there overnight at the end of the paddocks near turn 14
as the flaggers have their compound in that area.
I highly doubt all the parking space is used up during the week ...
Old 06-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

You can normally park it at the track inside the fence at the go kart track entrance. I can show you were it is when we are up there if no one describes it before then. We leave it inside there before and after the event without trouble.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:16 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the help Wildcat and Matt.

Yes Matt, please show me when we're there. I think I know where that other entrance is as my GPS took me there in error the first time I went up there. (Obviously I found the real track entrance once I realized my mistake).

Thanks for the help and see ya there.....
Old 06-04-2018, 01:31 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Thanks for the help Wildcat and Matt.

Yes Matt, please show me when we're there. I think I know where that other entrance is as my GPS took me there in error the first time I went up there. (Obviously I found the real track entrance once I realized my mistake).

Thanks for the help and see ya there.....
It's the one with the chain link fence, trailer office, dirt road, and lots of grass around. You can park normally park your trailer in the grass on both sides of the road. The road goes up the hill to the go kart area. Sorry I don't know the road it's off - terrible at directions. That's why I'm ok on tracks with walls - it keeps me contained.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:56 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
That's why I'm ok on tracks with walls - it keeps me contained.
I've seen you drive on track. Hard to believe anything can keep you contained at your skill level. Wish I was that contained....
Old 06-05-2018, 06:13 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I've seen you drive on track. Hard to believe anything can keep you contained at your skill level. Wish I was that contained....
Now that's a good one and so true.
I'll be there as well and expect the post-event parking to be as Matt described. Only time I have seen different was when there was no event next day and we left cars in the main paddock.
He did not mention the voracious mosquitos at the after event parking. Bring bug spray.
Looking forward to the event. My first of the season.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:49 AM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 161 Posts

When I raced the Sommet des Legendes at Circuit Tremblant a few years ago, racecars and trailers were parked in the paddock.

Rich
Old 06-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by raspritz
When I raced the Sommet des Legendes at Circuit Tremblant a few years ago, racecars and trailers were parked in the paddock.

Rich
For the event. If you need to drop before or after the event, they let you put them in the other entrance.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:02 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
For the event. If you need to drop before or after the event, they let you put them in the other entrance.
Wait, so if I'm dropping off the night before (as most of us trailering folks are), I WON'T be able to drop off in the main Paddock? (Or did you mean the main Paddock when you said "other entrance")?

The drop off night (Thursday evening), we will or won't be able to drop off in the main Paddock?

This not my first time at Tremblant, but it is my first time trailering to Tremblant, so please pardon my "rookie" questions.

Can we drop off in the main Paddock on Thursday night?
Old 06-06-2018, 11:26 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts

Probably, after 5. That should all be covered in the track pack when it comes out. Also last time I was there there were discussions of after event parking in the drivers meetings. There will be a ton of us leaving a day or two after the event.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Wait, so if I'm dropping off the night before (as most of us trailering folks are), I WON'T be able to drop off in the main Paddock? (Or did you mean the main Paddock when you said "other entrance")?

The drop off night (Thursday evening), we will or won't be able to drop off in the main Paddock?

This not my first time at Tremblant, but it is my first time trailering to Tremblant, so please pardon my "rookie" questions.

Can we drop off in the main Paddock on Thursday night?
Originally Posted by Difool
Probably, after 5. That should all be covered in the track pack when it comes out. Also last time I was there there were discussions of after event parking in the drivers meetings. There will be a ton of us leaving a day or two after the event.
Sorry, wasn't clear. The track pack will cover it, but the night before they have always let us drop in the paddock. Lots of people show up a few days before the event and/or stay a few days after the event. For those folks, you can normally leave it in the other lot. We've done the vacation thing on both ends of the event, so it's nice to be able to leave the trailer somewhere safe. The Suburban barely fits in the underground parking garages, so their is no way to deal with a trailer in the resort.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:05 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 325 Posts

Everytime I went there I broke down. This was when I drove my (only!) car to the track from Boston area. Lots of fun trying to describe what's going on and attempting to help a French only speaking mechanic when I speak 'Murican. Remember driving my fatally wounded GTi all the way back to Boston, dropping it off at my shop at 2am. Found out I'd broken the woodruff key on the crank pulley.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Just got this email from NER concerning leaving trailers/cars at the track. It's a very nice gesture and solves all problems with where to leave your trailer and track car, and then some.
Here is the email I just got:

Mont-Tremblant is offering Extended Parking which opens Monday July 2nd and will remain open through Tuesday July 10th should you want to arrive early or stay after our event. The area is accessed at the spectator entrance off Chemin Principal and parking is behind the gate in the field to the left. There is room for trailers, rigs and cars.

Early drop-off for our cars and trailers IN THE PADDOCK is once again available this year. We can drop-off starting Thursday afternoon at 5:30 PM. Please do not be earlier. The vehicle gate will be open until about 10 PM.

Depending on the availability of Tech Team personnel we may get a start on the Friday morning tech inspections Thursday afternoon. Assuming I'm there, and I plan to be there around 5:30 PM, I'll probably open registration Thursday afternoon as well.

Finally, watch for our infamous on-line driver meeting pack which will be distributed via email prior to the event.

Quick Reply: Tremblant Question