Sponsored by:

CVR at Watkins Glen - June 18 and 19

Old 05-31-2018, 06:05 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,564 Posts
Default CVR at Watkins Glen - June 18 and 19

CVR will be at Watkins Glen on June 18 and 19 and there is still some room left in the registration for additional drivers.

If interested you can register for this event on www.clubregistration.net

Some additional details:

Monday registration from 7:15 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. First cars on the track at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday registration from 7:00 a.m. -7:30 a.m.. First cars on track at 8:00 a.m.

Unlike our Lime Rock events, which are Porsche only, CVR opens up the WGI to other marques. We are accepting the following marques in the solo and instructor groups: Porsche, Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Ferrari, Lotus, Lamborghini and all German makes. No SUV’s. Corvette and Mustang drivers are limited to one gold chain of no more than .25 inches in diameter and 12 inches in length.

NOTE: SA 2010 or newer helmet required.

Dinner on Monday night at the Harbor Hotel. Dinner reservations required (event option when you register on clubregistration.net.) The dinner is always a good time. In past years we have had the "everyone is winner except one unlucky person raffle". No promises for this year other than some good camaraderie!

Track walk on Monday, after the event, before the dinner. If you have never walked Watkins Glen you will be amazed at what you learn.

Trailer drop-off available on Sunday from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel - offers a limited number of reduced guest room pricing (607)535-6116 ~ Reference WGI Car Club. www.watkinsglenharborhotel.com
No overnight camping on the WGI property.

Loaner helmets are available for first-time drivers for a $30 fee.

Peter Argetsinger will be available for private coaching for Red, Black and White run group drivers. An email will go out to all confirmed drivers prior to the event, with coaching sign-up instructions. If you don't know Peter, or have never driven with him at WGI, you owe it to yourself! His rates for a session are very reasonable and what you learn will be amazing.

Come join us for a couple of great days where the scent of exhaust fumes, rubber and the faint whiff of far off cigar smoke, will linger in the air! After the track has gone cold who can say if the added scent of some good beer may fill the air as well? There is also the possibility that one or more super models might stop by. I'm not saying it is going to happen but I am not saying it isn't going to happen either. So what I am saying it there is a chance!

I hope you can join us as it is a huge amount of fun!

Disclaimer - the jokes are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of CVR (except the bit about the supermodels - there is always a chance!)

Last edited by LuigiVampa; 05-31-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:31 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
CVR will be at Watkins Glen on June 18 and 19 and there is still some room left in the registration for additional drivers.

If interested you can register for this event on www.clubregistration.net

Some additional details:

Monday registration from 7:15 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. First cars on the track at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday registration from 7:00 a.m. -7:30 a.m.. First cars on track at 8:00 a.m.

Unlike our Lime Rock events, which are Porsche only, CVR opens up the WGI to other marques. We are accepting the following marques in the solo and instructor groups: Porsche, Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Ferrari, Lotus, Lamborghini and all German makes. No SUV’s. Corvette and Mustang drivers are limited to one gold chain of no more than .25 inches in diameter and 12 inches in length.

NOTE: SA 2010 or newer helmet required.

Dinner on Monday night at the Harbor Hotel. Dinner reservations required (event option when you register on clubregistration.net.) The dinner is always a good time. In past years we have had the "everyone is winner except one unlucky person raffle". No promises for this year other than some good camaraderie!

Track walk on Monday, after the event, before the dinner. If you have never walked Watkins Glen you will be amazed at what you learn.

Trailer drop-off available on Sunday from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel - offers a limited number of reduced guest room pricing (607)535-6116 ~ Reference WGI Car Club. www.watkinsglenharborhotel.com
No overnight camping on the WGI property.

Loaner helmets are available for first-time drivers for a $30 fee.

Peter Argetsinger will be available for private coaching for Red, Black and White run group drivers. An email will go out to all confirmed drivers prior to the event, with coaching sign-up instructions. If you don't know Peter, or have never driven with him at WGI, you owe it to yourself! His rates for a session are very reasonable and what you learn will be amazing.

Come join us for a couple of great days where the scent of exhaust fumes, rubber and the faint whiff of far off cigar smoke, will linger in the air! After the track has gone cold who can say if the added scent of some good beer may fill the air as well? There is also the possibility that one or more super models might stop by. I'm not saying it is going to happen but I am not saying it isn't going to happen either. So what I am saying it there is a chance!

I hope you can join us as it is a huge amount of fun!

Disclaimer - the jokes are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of CVR (except the bit about the supermodels - there is always a chance!)
Love to, but the MINI doesn't make "The List".......

Gary
Old 06-01-2018, 12:33 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 374 Posts

What is the duration of each session (say, for Blue or White run groups) and how many sessions are scheduled each day for these run groups?

At what time does the last session end each day?

(I checked CR.net and it didn't have any scheduling info.)
Old 06-01-2018, 11:51 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
What is the duration of each session (say, for Blue or White run groups) and how many sessions are scheduled each day for these run groups?

At what time does the last session end each day?

(I checked CR.net and it didn't have any scheduling info.)
The schedule is pretty standard in regards to a DE at WGI with three run groups.

Track time is 8:30-4:30 on Monday and 8 to 4 on Tuesday.

Three run groups are planned (Green/Yellow Instructed, Yellow Solo/White, and Black/Red) getting at least four 30 minute sessions each. This could change slightly based on registrations.

CVR does a great job of staying on time so there is usually a nice amount of track time. I hope you can join us!
Old 06-01-2018, 03:22 PM
s4magman
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I can attest that CVR does a great job. I will be there!
Old 06-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

One session with Peter Argetsinger costs about the same as a tank of fuel at the track.

Which will make your a better driver?

Don't miss this event.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:37 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

Last year we had 10 6cup cars!

Trending Topics

Old 06-03-2018, 02:04 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Man wish this was on a weekend
Old 06-04-2018, 10:12 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

We still have some room for instructed and solo drivers for our June 18 - 19 event.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:28 AM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any idea how many cars there will be in red/black? wondering how crowded the event will be - figuring on a scale where Potomac PCA is the very crowded side with Chin being on the not so crowded side.

and yes, sorry, If I come, I will bring the vette. I will need directions to a pawn shop for gold chains as none came with the car.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:52 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cre8fun
any idea how many cars there will be in red/black? wondering how crowded the event will be - figuring on a scale where Potomac PCA is the very crowded side with Chin being on the not so crowded side.

and yes, sorry, If I come, I will bring the vette. I will need directions to a pawn shop for gold chains as none came with the car.
This event is not overly crowded, plus it is the Glen, so I think you will have plenty of room and not feel like you are getting caught in trains. Black/Red tends to be fast, and many are racers, so passing is quick and efficient. Lots of heads up driving in all run groups.

If you don't get some gold chains in time just make sure to leave the top 5 buttons of your shirt open and that will do in a pinch! In all seriousness, we love the Vettes, and I drove a Camaro with t-tops for most of my youth while wearing a gold chain, so I am the pot call the kettle black!

Hope you can make it and if you do stop by car #806 to say hello.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

We still have room for both instructed green and yellow as well as solo drivers.

Porsches only for instructed run groups.

This is always a great event and please stop by and say hello. I am in my Carmine Red GT4 #512.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Registration closes Friday, June 8th.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:37 PM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, registered. Blue C5 Vette race car, #777. Sorry I don't run the R8 on the track and Luigi - sorry it didn't come with any gold chains. feel free to stop by! I usually pit down by the little red speed shop on the infield side of the track
Old 06-07-2018, 10:25 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cre8fun
OK, registered. Blue C5 Vette race car, #777. Sorry I don't run the R8 on the track and Luigi - sorry it didn't come with any gold chains. feel free to stop by! I usually pit down by the little red speed shop on the infield side of the track
Glad you could make it! We'll let you run without the gold chain this one time.

See you at the Glen!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CVR at Watkins Glen - June 18 and 19