Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 12:47 PM
OpenTrack
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Introducing on-track liability insurance

Protecting the financial well-being of our members is OpenTrack’s core purpose. Given that purpose and the overwhelming response from the track community, we are excited to launch the first and only individual on-track liability insurance policy!

Every day we hear from people who mistakenly believe their personal umbrella will cover them while driving on-track. Unfortunately, umbrella policies typically do not provide any protection for track activities. We encourage you to email your insurance agent to learn if your umbrella policy covers your on-track driving. Be as informed as possible about your potential risk while participating in this sport.

For a low flat premium (annual or per-day), you can now purchase $1M or $2M of insurance coverage specifically designed for the track, protecting you from damages you might potentially cause to another driver, their car, or track property.

Visit OpenTrack.com to learn more. Purchasing a policy takes about three minutes.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:09 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Is $2M the maximum?
Old 05-31-2018, 01:10 PM
OpenTrack
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Is $2M the maximum?
Hey Gary, yes as of today $2M is the max. As we grow the product we will continue to explore expanding the limit offerings.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:14 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

How does this differ the policy PCA has for all entrants (which is $10 million if I remember correctly)?
Old 05-31-2018, 01:15 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Is there are sample policy you can post? Knowing what is actually covered would be important in knowing whether I would purchase this coverage. Thank you.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:16 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
How does this differ the policy PCA has for all entrants (which is $10 million if I remember correctly)?
Not everyone always drives with PCA. That being said, I would want to know what it covers per my previous post.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:21 PM
OpenTrack
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Hey Matt, I would absolutely encourage you to fully review the PCA program offered as I can't speak for their coverage. The OpenTrack liability policy protects you against damage you could cause to another driver on track (both bodily injury and property damage) as well as to track property damaged. Reviewing that vs. the PCA program would be important.

The other big point is the PCA program only applies to PCA track events. If you track with any other groups or any private track time (member days, private track days, etc), the PCA program would obviously not apply. OpenTrack's program applies to all non-competition track time. And you can purchase annually or by the day.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:23 PM
OpenTrack
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Is there are sample policy you can post? Knowing what is actually covered would be important in knowing whether I would purchase this coverage. Thank you.
Glad you asked. Right on the first page of our website, opentrack.com, under the "Complete Protection" section you can get a sample of both our Liability policy and Physical Damage policy. After you review, we'd love your feedback. We made a number of changes to our physical damage policy after it was launched based on our member's feedback.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:36 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by opentrack
OpenTrack's program applies to all non-competition track time. And you can purchase annually or by the day.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
too bad. If available for otr it may be available for others but non-competition only works for hpde correct?
Old 05-31-2018, 02:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 748 Posts

I would strongly suggest you become a site sponsor before further promoting a product or service here.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:52 PM
OpenTrack
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I would strongly suggest you become a site sponsor before further promoting a product or service here.
Thanks for your note. We have been a sponsor on Rennlist for a couple of years.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:54 PM
OpenTrack
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
too bad. If available for otr it may be available for others but non-competition only works for hpde correct?
HPDE is certainly included, but so are private track days as well as member days at private driving clubs. As long as the track time is non-competition it's covered for both liability & physical damage.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:16 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by opentrack
Thanks for your note. We have been a sponsor on Rennlist for a couple of years.
Apologies---your user name didn't come up that way on my feed
Old 05-31-2018, 03:27 PM
bpu699

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested in the product... Clicked on the sample policy

Questions:

Section C... Passengers are not covered for liability if they sustain bodily injury...?
Section C3... Organzied Speed Events aren't covered (isn't that the language most insurers use to exclude HPDE?)
Section G... If you signed a waiver, nothing the waiver excludes is covered (not sure I understand that? Doesn't the waiver exclude"everything.")

At the End... Insurance will only pay what is not covered by other insurance (doesn't that mean PCA/SCCA coverage is primary? IE. If you get sued for more than 10mm, it kicks in?)

And...any timed event is excluded, whether part of a competition or not (what if we have a lap timer?)

As a serious potential client, thoughts on the above?

Also, has anyone ever been able to clarify if PCA/SCCA truly covers you if you hit another car and cause bodily injury or property damage? I know the other guy isn't supposed to sue, but if he does, and wins, are we covered?
Old 05-31-2018, 03:28 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How much is the deductible? Is it the same for both limits?

Quick Reply: Introducing on-track liability insurance