Sponsored by:

NCR-PCA DE at Lime Rock 6/25 & 6/26 + skid pad

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 04:01 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default NCR-PCA DE at Lime Rock 6/25 & 6/26 + skid pad

There are still a few openings in most run groups for our annual 2 day event at this iconic track. Early summer weather and a beer and wine social when the track goes cold on Monday evening will help make this a highlight of your season. Classroom sessions and professional coaching will also be available to keep you motivated and progressing to the next level. Lee Carpentier will also be there with his skid pad cars and offering skid pad training on Lime Rock's dedicated skid pad facility. Learn to steer with the "loud" pedal in a safe and controlled environment. For more information check out our website at NCR-PCA.org or sign up at MotorsportReg.com
Old 05-31-2018, 07:30 PM
kisik
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Great event with great people! Sign up and have fun. Extra beer at night for those who can brake a minute.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:59 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Thinking about it a lot. I will be killing cones softly with BMW the 24th and will need to head there after that.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:52 AM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Hey Scruffy, good to see you at Thompson. Bring one of those great cars to Lime Rock!

Last edited by Deadeye; 06-01-2018 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deadeye
Hey Scruffy, good to see you at Thompson. Bring one of those great cars to Lime Rock!
Good to see you and Pam too. I knew I would be in a crowd much different then the autocross people. Was really amazed at how many drivers knew me and rode in Kermit or Tweety. Felt very welcome even though I was not in a Porsche. After my first run on Friday I felt so very much out of it I wanted to bail. 10 years away from DE. But Bob was at the event because we are self corrupting friends, I got my 07 RS before he did. Did I look like I wanted to bail when you rode shotgun on Saturday? I see more DE in my future. Still plan on crushing some cones, just not near as many.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

I detected the hook being firmly set and that we will see more of you in the future. Learn to drive that bumble bee so we don't have look at our watch waiting for the turbo to kick in :-) Many DE peeps started down this path on one of your auto-X courses hence the familiarity. Bring your better half next time and say hello to her for me.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:54 PM
josserman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've instructed on the skid pad with SCDA and actually have done some coaching with Lee 1:1 on skid pad in the past. If you're looking for more instructors I'd love to come up.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

I detected the hook being firmly set and that we will see more of you in the future. Learn to drive that bumble bee so we don't have look at our watch waiting for the turbo to kick in :-) Many DE peeps started down this path on one of your auto-X courses hence the familiarity. Bring your better half next time and say hello to her for me.
So you are offering to take the right seat if we make it? Been in your right seat a few times at autox. Payback time. I knew what to do to make the bumble bee scream but saw no reason. Baby steps.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Yup, I will jump in the right seat anytime. Just kidding about the turbo lag. Your baby steps approach is the way to go especially with a rolling rocket.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Yup, I will jump in the right seat anytime. Just kidding about the turbo lag. Your baby steps approach is the way to go especially with a rolling rocket.
Just signed up in Blue for both days. My carbon based speed limiter will be coming along to keep me company.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:33 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Have to say I’ve seen some pretty significant accidents at track days, DE’s and Club Racing recently, incidents that might have been prevented with proper skid pad training provided by Lee Carpentier at this event.

It’s the best investment you can make in your own safety...
Old 06-02-2018, 10:31 PM
josserman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Have to say I’ve seen some pretty significant accidents at track days, DE’s and Club Racing recently, incidents that might have been prevented with proper skid pad training provided by Lee Carpentier at this event.

It’s the best investment you can make in your own safety...
Couldn’t agree more Peter! The time I spent w Lee on skid pad a few years ago has paid dividends for me.

My view is people shouldn’t be allowed a license to drive in states where there is snow until they’ve gone through a car control clinic of some sort.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Signed up and hotel booked.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:47 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Hi Dennis,

I may be able to do the Tuesday date. Will be at Pocono with NNJR the Sat and Sun before this event, so the Monday is out.

How late can I register for Tuesday if and when I know I can make it. It will be a day trip for me, and a last minute one at that if I can make it.

How late can I register for Tuesday ?

Intermediate solo driver. (Blue/White with NNJR).

Thanks....
Old 06-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Hi Dennis,

I may be able to do the Tuesday date. Will be at Pocono with NNJR the Sat and Sun before this event, so the Monday is out.

How late can I register for Tuesday if and when I know I can make it. It will be a day trip for me, and a last minute one at that if I can make it.

How late can I register for Tuesday ?

Intermediate solo driver. (Blue/White with NNJR).

Thanks....
Best to contact our registrar John Lussier but I know we have more openings on Tuesday than Monday
de-registrar@ncr-pca.org

Quick Reply: NCR-PCA DE at Lime Rock 6/25 & 6/26 + skid pad