Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCR-PCA DE at Lime Rock 6/25 & 6/26 + skid pad

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 02:30 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,820 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Thanks for a great time. This was my first DE event and when I tell you that I (and others) moved mountains* for me to get there, well, it would be a bit of an understatement. But it was all worth it. Car performed perfectly, instructor was great and I didn't do so bad myself. The only disappointment was that my one session that I video taped, only the low resolution file saved. The 2.7G high res file seems to be corrupt (anyone think they can fix it, let me know!). But overall, great fun.

* Mountains that were moved include:
- Engine out service work the day before I left that was completed at 10pm! (for new A/O Separator, coolant tank, and vacuum leak fixes on intake manifold).
- entirely new brake system.
- new left front hub assembly that was FedEx'd from CA because old caliper bolt was completely frozen in the old hub.
- Plus the usual oil change, tech inspection, etc.

PS Is it generally considered a good idea to change the oil after a DE day? I use Driven oil and it was changed the day before the event then drove home the 120 or so miles.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks to all who attended our event and contributed to a fantastic two days. The weather was near perfect and drivers did their part to make it a succes. The skid pad session I had with Lee Carpenteir was a blast. Learned more in that 1/2 hr than years on the track. If you get a chance to work with him DO IT!!!

our next event will be 3 days at the beautiful new track in Tamworth NH. More details to come

Quick Reply: NCR-PCA DE at Lime Rock 6/25 & 6/26 + skid pad