Sponsored by:

Protect-n-Peel :: Anyone tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 10:55 AM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 493 Likes on 314 Posts
Default Protect-n-Peel :: Anyone tried it?

Apologies if this is a repost (I searched, but no luck), has anyone tried this temporary paint protection?

https://protectnpeel.com/

Looks great if the claims are true.

Karl.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:46 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
Apologies if this is a repost (I searched, but no luck), has anyone tried this temporary paint protection?

https://protectnpeel.com/

Looks great if the claims are true.

Karl.
I use Xpel Trackwrap. Put it on my expensive ppf custom wrap to protect it. Yes, I protect my ppf with ppf. Only in high impact areas that typically get hammered with tire marks and pebbles on track days. For example, I cover the black plastic parts of trim in my side intakes and radiator intakes in front, in addition to the rocker panel impact areas and headlights.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:44 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts

I have used it, seems to work, especially against marks and stuff. Not sure against rocks, unless you put on a lot of layers.

I used 3 coats, keep the edges thick to allow easy removal. The little spots you can scrape off with your fingernail.

I also bought the cheaper bulk material ( Paintshield 5720 from general chemical - google it). A gallon of this is far cheaper than the little
Protect-n-Peel bottles.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:55 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by arter
I have used it, seems to work, especially against marks and stuff. Not sure against rocks, unless you put on a lot of layers.

I used 3 coats, keep the edges thick to allow easy removal. The little spots you can scrape off with your fingernail.

I also bought the cheaper bulk material ( Paintshield 5720 from general chemical - google it). A gallon of this is far cheaper than the little
Protect-n-Peel bottles.
How long can it stay on the paint? What happens if it is foggy outside overnight and the moisture gets underneath then sun cooks it the next day? Are marks left on the paint?
Old 05-13-2018, 12:11 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
How long can it stay on the paint? What happens if it is foggy outside overnight and the moisture gets underneath then sun cooks it the next day? Are marks left on the paint?
They say you can leave it on for months ( it dries clear leaving a slightly bumpy matte surface). I had it on for 3 weeks. No marks left on the paint once removed.
You pick at an edge to get it up, and then it just peels off.
I dont think fog would bother it. Heavy rain might.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:31 PM
996SPECticle
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW, what a great price per gal. http://generalchemicalcorp.mybigcomm...ntshield-5720/

What is the consistency of this stuff? Seems like a clear-ish, non-aerosol PlastiDip.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:35 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996SPECticle
WOW, what a great price per gal. http://generalchemicalcorp.mybigcomm...ntshield-5720/

What is the consistency of this stuff? Seems like a clear-ish, non-aerosol PlastiDip.
Like white paint. spread it with a small roller. Dries in 15-20 minutes to clear and then put another layr on.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:47 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

I just ordered a gallon to try on my Fcar. Where the headlight bucket meets the fender can you just paint there and it will peel off or do you avoid seems?
Old 05-16-2018, 01:13 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used this stuff a long time ago, like 2008 a guy in Tennessee was making it. It works great, but can be a pain to remove. With products now like Mothers R3 though, should be much easier. I left it on the car for months with no issues. If you open trailer and it's raining though, it will get destroyed and look horrible.

Quick Reply: Protect-n-Peel :: Anyone tried it?