Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   PCA VIR Club Race 2018 (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1067559-pca-vir-club-race-2018-a.html)

jdistefa 06-19-2018 04:46 PM

I'm bringing a pair of 245 R18 Hoosier rains.
Used twice in rain only.
1.5 years old, stored indoors
$300 USD for the pair if anyone wants 'em (since it seems it might rain).

sbelles 06-19-2018 09:03 PM

I'm not going but I've got an extra set of SPB rains that I could probably get there if anyone is interested. I can also bring them to NJMP in Aug. Make me an offer.

GT3DE 06-21-2018 10:15 AM

There is a pca DE weekend at VIR in March... time to take that date for the pca Club Race.

Move this race OUT. OF. SUMMER.

MarcD147 06-21-2018 01:30 PM

^ I approve of this message

Nizer 06-21-2018 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by GT3DE (Post 15093497)
There is a pca DE weekend at VIR in March... time to take that date for the pca Club Race.

Originally Posted by MarcD147 (Post 15094005)
^ I approve of this message

Second! The motion is passed. Get er done.

sbelles 06-21-2018 03:06 PM

If and when this happens, I'll be back. I love the track but I can't take the heat.

Frank 993 C4S 06-23-2018 09:29 PM

Interesting race day today. Weather was hot but manageable but the on track behavior by some was totally unacceptable. Will never be participating in a PCA event where I would be running combined with Cup Cars again - period.

aryork 06-23-2018 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S (Post 15099009)
Interesting race day today. Weather was hot but manageable but the on track behavior by some was totally unacceptable. Will never be participating in a PCA event where I would be running combined with Cup Cars again - period.

Any video? I was thinking of coming up to watch...

MoD 06-23-2018 10:25 PM

Your incident was so unfortunate. The level of awareness, talent, and just overall tact was so low by the other car. The stupidity could have ended your situation so much worse too. Really sorry about your day. I have to sift through some video....I had quite a few interesting “cup” moments this weekend too!

ProCoach 06-23-2018 10:26 PM

Sort of like guns, Frank. Cup Cars don't wreck, people driving them do...

I saw a LOT of carnage for a relatively small event. Some folks are simply NOT getting the message, and it's not all Cup cars. Sorry, but glad the Bodymotion crew will get you back out tomorrow...

ProCoach 06-23-2018 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by MoD (Post 15099096)

Your incident was so unfortunate. The level of awareness, talent, and just overall tact was so low by the other car. The stupidity could have ended your situation so much worse too. Really sorry about your day. I have to sift through some video....I had quite a few interesting “cup” moments this weekend too!

Mo, great job. Seb told me you are a VIR virgin? ;) If so, hats off to you.

MoD 06-23-2018 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by ProCoach (Post 15099101)
Mo, great job. Seb told me you are a VIR virgin? ;) If so, hats off to you.

Thank you for the kind words! Yes, it was my first time here and still a lot to learn! What a track! Honestly one of my favorites. It is so technical. I will be back every year and hopefully next year with some more seat time and a refreshed motor I can get into that 1:59.x territory! Can’t wait to see everyone in GTB1 again at Road America!

GT3DE 06-24-2018 06:37 AM

This sucks. Its Sunday morning and I am at home.
First for me: I left on Saturday, no enduro. Why? What few in-class cars I had to race with decided to leave after Saturday. It is simply too hot here in June. Sadly the car count has dropped each of the last few years. And it will drop further next year again because I won't be back (and a few others I talked with said same). Such a shame as I love this track.

How low must the car count be before they cancel this race?

How low must car count be before they change change the date?

NaroEscape 06-24-2018 08:38 AM

As a former race co-chair (with my wife) and very involved with a regions operations, I can tell you that moving a track/race weekend is not easy, especially at a track like VIR. Every single weekend is already taken by other groups not willing to move, and there is a long waitlist of organizations wanting a weekend themselves. Not to mention scheduling conflicts with other races.

yes it’s hot, and yes it’s a problem, but my guess is that people not coming will sadly spell the demise of the race, not force it to move...

GT3DE 06-24-2018 08:41 AM

Side comment about the Cup cars (actually the drivers of), if you want to end the cup car madness, then require all pca club racers to race first in a letter class (or 944 or boxster) car until vetted/approved to move up/out of letter class cars to cups.