Sponsored by:

PCA DE Events Near San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 03:06 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahler9th
White924s and I have met, and are doing some networking. Turns out that we both became interested in motorsport at the same place, but not at the same time. Lots in common-- same college/engineering education. Haven't asked him yet if his generation had to read Paradise Lost in English 5-- very likely so. Think Animal House... lol. Bob Varsha also attended, though a few years before I did.

Small world.
A very small world indeed! I didn’t have to read Paradise Lost, but I do remember a toga party...

I’m still dealing with the logistics of relocating, and my car needs a new set of tires before it goes back to the track, but I’m hoping to do my first event out here soon. Mahler9th has given me a ton of great info and connections, and I really appreciate the other posts above with info...I can tell I’ve moved to a place with a ton of great track options!
Old 09-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

Old thread... We have already attended an event together as spectators (the last RR), so now its time for drivin.' Tomorrow!

Hopefully white924s will have a fantastic experience. I will do my best to contribute.

Haven't instructed there in a while, but I expect that won't be an issue.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:32 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahler9th
Old thread... We have already attended an event together as spectators (the last RR), so now its time for drivin.' Tomorrow!

Hopefully white924s will have a fantastic experience. I will do my best to contribute.

Haven't instructed there in a while, but I expect that won't be an issue.
It was a great day! I’ve wanted to drive Laguna for a long time - and the experience exceeded my expectations (not least because of the excellent coaching - thanks again Mike!).

For my friends back east who haven’t driven Laguna Seca yet - I highly recommend you find an opportunity/excuse to do it. The elevation changes and camber changes around the course are a lot of fun to drive.

Looking forward to the next one!
Old 09-18-2019, 05:39 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
...and Speed Ventures are also great organizers.
They are not. Drivers self-tech and self-place in run groups, and SpeedVentures does not take any action if a driver causes damage to other vehicles.

Quick Reply: PCA DE Events Near San Francisco