Sponsored by:

Gas Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 06:17 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts
Default Gas Tanks

Seeing Mark Martin's car in flames today during the enduro got me thinking.......When a car is track/race prepped is the gas tank protected in some way? Is this something that must be specifically requested or is it automatically done? I know, an enzo - but, my mind would be much happier knowing.

Thanks Everyone!
Old 04-29-2018, 08:48 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Nothing is done unless you put a fuel cell in.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:24 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Terribly disappointed I wasn’t able to make the trip to Ohio for this race. Tini needed some TLC after a blowout on the high speed banking.

So, please bring me up to speed. What happened?
Old 04-30-2018, 02:06 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by linzman
Nothing is done unless you put a fuel cell in.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................................... ..
Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Terribly disappointed I wasn’t able to make the trip to Ohio for this race. Tini needed some TLC after a blowout on the high speed banking.

So, please bring me up to speed. What happened?
First and foremost, due to some quick thinking on his part, Mark is fine except for needing some new shorts and a valium..........

About three quarters of the way through the race, as some of us like to do, there was some sight seeing of the grass above The Carousel. As Mark came back on the track, an oil line was broken/damaged. And, by the time he was in front of The Tower, it looked like a small bomb had exploded and the flames from the back of his car (which I doubt he could see) were 20/25 feet high. Mark pulled over shortly thereafter and was out of the car faster than I can say 'jackrabbit.' I almost thought the gas tank had exploded the fire was so furious. The Fire Team showed up and was able to put it out. 'The Pack' did a couple of laps through the hot pits while the track was being cleaned up.

Quick Reply: Gas Tanks