Sponsored by:

CHUCKWALLA VALLEY RACEWAY CCW - PCA SDR - GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 10:49 PM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts
Default CHUCKWALLA VALLEY RACEWAY CCW - PCA SDR - GT3RS

Just got back from Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with PCA San Diego Region.

Here is a video of my best session.

Hope you enjoy!

Old 03-28-2018, 03:06 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How interesting. Nothing to hit if you leave pavement. Do cars dig into sand and flip? . Is it rocky? Never saw this track.

http://www.chuckwallavalleyraceway.c...ite-membership
Old 03-28-2018, 06:36 PM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
How interesting. Nothing to hit if you leave pavement. Do cars dig into sand and flip? . Is it rocky? Never saw this track.

Never seen a car flip there and I have been to this track about 6 weekends (12 track days), but not to say it can't happen.

They are about to add another 3.1 miles of track with some high speed straights and will be able to connect the 2 tracks together so total lap will be 6 miles.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:35 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing

I have seen a few cars filled up with the desert dust, but the loose stuff seems to just let the cars slide and spin freely. I enjoyed driving the track and will do it again when I get back to CA. I do recommend you tape up everything you care about. I ruined a brand new windshield when I was there.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:12 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Alain I'm going to hand you the best advice you've ever heard. Ready? Get your *** to the grid the moment the group in front of you goes out. You left seconds (not fractions) on the table because you were stuck behind slower traffic. Get out first and don't give it up next time. You drive well and were very consistent. I see you turning 55's....
Old 03-29-2018, 07:30 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Alain I'm going to hand you the best advice you've ever heard. Ready? Get your *** to the grid the moment the group in front of you goes out. You left seconds (not fractions) on the table because you were stuck behind slower traffic. Get out first and don't give it up next time. You drive well and were very consistent. I see you turning 55's....
Wow, I am really touched and flattered by that comment, thank you very much.

They just put me into Red group after being in Orange group for the last year so I wasn't trying to **** anyone off... Just yet lol
Old 03-29-2018, 03:05 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GT345
Wow, I am really touched and flattered by that comment, thank you very much.

They just put me into Red group after being in Orange group for the last year so I wasn't trying to **** anyone off... Just yet lol
Wrong attitude. Bleep em and drive the crap out of that beast. You're there to win right?....
Old 03-29-2018, 07:28 PM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Wrong attitude. Bleep em and drive the crap out of that beast. You're there to win right?....
Yes for sure but being this is was my first day in Red group I have no idea the driving styles of the other drivers like I did for the Orange group that I been in the last year and safety is top priority to me above my lap times.

Not to mention there is a couple drivers in the Red group that like to start drama with me because of the car I drive so not trying to go down that road since I joined the Porsche Club of America, not the Women's Club of America (no offense to any women )

I am sure though it won't take long for me to figure them out and then will be able to push a little harder.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:39 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GT345
Yes for sure but being this is was my first day in Red group I have no idea the driving styles of the other drivers like I did for the Orange group that I been in the last year and safety is top priority to me above my lap times.

Not to mention there is a couple drivers in the Red group that like to start drama with me because of the car I drive so not trying to go down that road since I joined the Porsche Club of America, not the Women's Club of America (no offense to any women )

I am sure though it won't take long for me to figure them out and then will be able to push a little harder.
My favorite misogynistic part is where you intend to throw out an insult and then say, "no offense". You can always tell how big a dick a person is by that alone.

Are you aware you drive a quarter million dollar GT3RS with the most horsepower, best suspension and best electronics available to a P car? The car practically drives itself and maximizes available grip thousands of times a second via the electronics. You don't even use the paddle shifters and leave it in automatic!!. Tell us, do you practice heel and toe on the PS4? Do us all a favor Alain and jump in someone else's analog car with no ABS and for a session or two and let us know how that goes. I'm sure you will be just as fast as you are in the RS
Old 03-30-2018, 10:38 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
My favorite misogynistic part is where you intend to throw out an insult and then say, "no offense". You can always tell how big a dick a person is by that alone.

Are you aware you drive a quarter million dollar GT3RS with the most horsepower, best suspension and best electronics available to a P car? The car practically drives itself and maximizes available grip thousands of times a second via the electronics. You don't even use the paddle shifters and leave it in automatic!!. Tell us, do you practice heel and toe on the PS4? Do us all a favor Alain and jump in someone else's analog car with no ABS and for a session or two and let us know how that goes. I'm sure you will be just as fast as you are in the RS
Thank you for proving my point... good day to you.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:52 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Wow.... You haven't posted on RL in 3-1/2 years and come back to call someone a dick and question their driving skills because they're piloting an incredible car? Whatever's wrong with you please go away again for another 3 1/2 years until you become less judgemental and can offer some beneficial advise. You just sound bitter....
Old 03-30-2018, 10:03 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Has it been 3.5 years? Didn't seem that long, but thanks for researching that John, very creepy of you indeed -- I guess when you're overseas in a remote area, being on RL isn't exactly a priority and sometimes it's better to just keep your mouth shut.

There's no beef with you John, I'm sure Alain can pull up his big boy pants and speak for himself especially after remarks on a public forum about other drivers and then insult about 50% of the population. I'm pretty certain some of those females in the Women's Club of America could show Alain a thing or two - in his incredible car or not. No one's questioning the car's ability, in fact, it's just the opposite, that car is doing most of the work. Like me put it like this.... it's like the guy born on 3rd base, but truly believes he hit a triple.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:02 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Has it been 3.5 years? Didn't seem that long, but thanks for researching that John, very creepy of you indeed -- I guess when you're overseas in a remote area, being on RL isn't exactly a priority and sometimes it's better to just keep your mouth shut.

There's no beef with you John, I'm sure Alain can pull up his big boy pants and speak for himself especially after remarks on a public forum about other drivers and then insult about 50% of the population. I'm pretty certain some of those females in the Women's Club of America could show Alain a thing or two - in his incredible car or not. No one's questioning the car's ability, in fact, it's just the opposite, that car is doing most of the work. Like me put it like this.... it's like the guy born on 3rd base, but truly believes he hit a triple.
Ok Justin, what ever you say... Man you don't letup do you?

You have turned into a stalker

Last edited by GT345; 03-31-2018 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:41 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Well, you did put up a "hey look at me" video, didn't ask for constructive criticism, and then showed a little less than a sense of humility.. you have to expect a negative post, this is Rennlist!

Quick Reply: CHUCKWALLA VALLEY RACEWAY CCW - PCA SDR - GT3RS