Sponsored by:

Coolsuit MOUNTING

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 05:51 PM
twk63
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Coolsuit MOUNTING

How are folks securing coolsuit container in your car? I am debating between fabricating a box to slide the coolsuit cooler into or just running some straps across the top. I am curious to see how others have approached this?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-12-2018, 05:55 PM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bolted bottom tray with a ratchet strap across the top. Tray keeps it from sliding around and ratchet snugs it all down
Old 03-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by rhargy
Bolted bottom tray with a ratchet strap across the top. Tray keeps it from sliding around and ratchet snugs it all down
This. Loosen strap and slide over side . Don't run the strap through the slots on the chest itself or it's a bugger to remove.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:05 PM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I bought Traqgear's tray with Velcro straps. Very convenient loading of ice/water since you do not have to loosen the ratchet strap. Not cheap though.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:05 AM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

I just bought two brackets from the HW store and bolted them to my floor. The ratchet strap is threaded through them and over the box. The tray seemed useless so I did not buy it.

The brackets I bought totaled to less than $5.

Works just fine
Old 03-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

I think the Traqgear setup is the nicest. Just make sure that what it mounted to is solid. The cooler filled with ice is not light.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:22 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Cool Shirt Mounting Tray

Here's a link to the mounting tray from Cool Shirt FYI. Not inexpensive but quick easy way to get the mounting done if you don't want to fabricate anything.

https://apexperformance.net/product/mounting-tray/

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
Here's a link to the mounting tray from Cool Shirt FYI. Not inexpensive but quick easy way to get the mounting done if you don't want to fabricate anything.

https://apexperformance.net/product/mounting-tray/
That's the best best in my opinion!
Old 03-09-2019, 09:14 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the recommended mounting tray and was wondering how people are specifically bolting it into the frunk.

What type of bolts, where did you mount them (i.e., drill the 4 corners of the tray?); washers under the frunk, etc.

If the bolts are under the cooler, how does one insure the bolt head doesn't mess with the cooler bottom.

If there are bolts protruding under the frunk, how does one make sure they are not introducing a ground clearance issue, or just something for something else to get caught up on.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:12 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by dbbarron
I have the recommended mounting tray and was wondering how people are specifically bolting it into the frunk.

What type of bolts, where did you mount them (i.e., drill the 4 corners of the tray?); washers under the frunk, etc.

If the bolts are under the cooler, how does one insure the bolt head doesn't mess with the cooler bottom.

If there are bolts protruding under the frunk, how does one make sure they are not introducing a ground clearance issue, or just something for something else to get caught up on.
Eye bolts with nuts and large washers on both sides so that only the nut sticks out on the bottom.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 491 Posts

When you bolt in the tray make sure you don’t bolt it to the round inserts. They are only glued in and the whole thing will come loose in case of a shunt.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:03 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sbelles
Eye bolts with nuts and large washers on both sides so that only the nut sticks out on the bottom.
I'm confused by this - won't the eye of the eye bolts prevent the cooler from sitting flat in the tray?
Old 03-10-2019, 01:44 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

I'm confused by this - won't the eye of the eye bolts prevent the cooler from sitting flat in the tray?
Outside the tray.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:07 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sbelles
Outside the tray.
Then how is the tray itself secured? With additional bolts through the eyebolts into the side flanges of the tray using conventional bolts?
Old 03-10-2019, 06:44 PM
dasing
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The corners of the Coolshirt tank are rounded. So if you put the bolts through the bottom the of the tray, but in the four corners, then the tank won't interfere.

PS Now that I look at the bottom of the tank, I see it has feet on it. Those would help too.

Quick Reply: Coolsuit MOUNTING