Sponsored by:

Laguan Seca Spring Classic May 18th 2018

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 10:48 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Laguan Seca Spring Classic May 18th 2018

Anyone planning to race in the Laguna Spring Classic?
then have a class for SCCA GT cars. looks like many of our cars might be eligible to race.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/spring-c...-nitro-revival

https://www.seemonterey.com/events/s...pring-classic/
Old 03-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would forget about it......

HMSA will be overseeing all Tech for the Spring Classic, and will scrutinize each car with the same exacting standards used for the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. This includes proper livery (no modern-day advertisements nor current driver name on car), is mechanically correct to the day it originally competed and has a verified race provenance. For all our events, we want to continue ensuring each car is authentic. Car Preparation / Technical: http://www.hmsausa.com/
Old 03-12-2018, 05:12 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Plavan
I would forget about it......

HMSA will be overseeing all Tech for the Spring Classic, and will scrutinize each car with the same exacting standards used for the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. This includes proper livery (no modern-day advertisements nor current driver name on car), is mechanically correct to the day it originally competed and has a verified race provenance. For all our events, we want to continue ensuring each car is authentic. Car Preparation / Technical: http://www.hmsausa.com/
thanks.... i was wondering if there was some lenience in the group called SCCA GT cars. almost like they are allowing club cars to race. seems like a cool event, but if it means pullling off stickers, etc, it might not to be worth it.

appreciate the input
Old 04-24-2018, 11:45 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

I got accepted to this in my 996 R for the "SCCA and IMSA group" - I'm debating whether I'm going to go. It's kind of unclear to me what other cars will be in the group, etc. Anyone have any insight? I'm sure it'll be a cool event, but it's a long haul and trying to figure out if it's worth it...
Old 04-24-2018, 11:48 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by claykos
I got accepted to this in my 996 R for the "SCCA and IMSA group" - I'm debating whether I'm going to go. It's kind of unclear to me what other cars will be in the group, etc. Anyone have any insight? I'm sure it'll be a cool event, but it's a long haul and trying to figure out if it's worth it...
I was accepted also, but backed out for the same reason. Not worth it to me to change the car for one "Pseudo Race".
Old 04-24-2018, 11:49 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
I was accepted also, but backed out for the same reason. Not worth it to me to change the car for one "Pseudo Race".
BTW - I did ask them about the "Stickers" thing and they said don't worry about it.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:45 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by claykos
BTW - I did ask them about the "Stickers" thing and they said don't worry about it.
Thats interesting................i was going to bag it too.......now, thinking about it.
Thanks for doing the investigation
Mark

Quick Reply: Laguan Seca Spring Classic May 18th 2018