Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for those of you club racing, what all are you packing in your trailers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 12:31 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Financially and practically this makes no sense (I know this was not your question). Work with a good shop that supports other cars of the same type as yours, has the experience to maintain them, fix problems and has a pool of typical spares for them and maximize the amount of your track time during the weekend.
Agreed....I did a poor job of writing the initial post.

So, COTA was my first race, and I had support from John and crew at BGB (which was great), but as I'm looking at the calendar, there are a few events that I wanted to do, that don't make sense for them. I plan to write a whole thread on the jump from DE to club racing and my experience, and to say thanks for the many forum members who helped me along that journey.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:33 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Der ABT
What car your racing.

basically put a list of common to uncommon spares......if it's a popular car like a Cayman most have alot of spares but....
think of specialty tools....distributors, suspension, radiators for water pumpers, vacuum systems....brake parts and axel/wheel bearing ......fluids galore, liquor galore, as you race more you realize the little parts that are so easy to being but can ruin a weekend if forgotten...or at least a day and overnight shipping charges.
Otherwise not too much different, the further away you go the more stuff you bring in case.
You can fit alot more than you think in a trailer.....i have a 26ft and am happy with the space
Clubsport, GTD and TE.

Yea, I saw a few guys in the paddock self supporting and that's roughly the packing list they mentioned.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:35 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MSR Racer
Get a shop to run the car and buy a RV!
haha, agreed!! It kind of ruined me to doing it all myself!
Old 03-10-2018, 06:13 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

After having race support for several years now in SM, I can hardly think about going back to doing it all myself. If everything works fine, going alone is ok. Once things start breaking, its a royal PITA and takes the fun out of it for me. But then my middle name is Crossthread. I trust myself to screw things up more than the professional race support folks. That said, even if you hire support, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on them to make sure they have everything prepped before you go out. If they are supporting multiple cars, as they usually are unless you are rich as hell, things slip through the cracks with most of them.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:08 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Besides spare parts for your car -

Small compressor, quiet key start Honda generator, massive/stocked tool chest on castors, scooter(s), ceiling A/C, fans, helmet rack, folding tables, fixed cabinets with ss counters, LED lighting, stereo, big tv, laptop, large clothes hanging rack, chairs, lounge chairs, bbq, wheel chocks, 4 jacks, 4 jack stands, 3 air gauges, church keys, 4 coolers (1 really big), 2 drivers suits, 5 pair driving gloves, 3 pair driving shoes, duffle of shirts/jeans/underwear/jackets/etc, work gloves, latex gloves, brake bleeder, tents, hand cleaner, curved wedge thingy to roll trailer up on when get a flat, heavy duty battery charger on wheels, 10 fuel jugs, funnels, oil catcher pan, zip ties, extension cords, power strips, 2 impact guns, breaker bars, 4 sets wheels for car, 3 mounted spares for trailer, 8 sets ratchet strap sets, 8 sets mini ratchet strap sets, bungies, push cart/dollie...
plus cases of: duct tape, oil, brake clean, microfibre towels, rags, paper towels, brake fluid, brake pads, windex, wd40.

hmmm, PayPal me $100.00 please and I go into my trailer and figure out the rest of what I missed.
ICE CHEST WITH BEER
Old 03-10-2018, 07:34 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
After having race support for several years now in SM, I can hardly think about going back to doing it all myself. If everything works fine, going alone is ok. Once things start breaking, its a royal PITA and takes the fun out of it for me. But then my middle name is Crossthread. I trust myself to screw things up more than the professional race support folks. That said, even if you hire support, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on them to make sure they have everything prepped before you go out. If they are supporting multiple cars, as they usually are unless you are rich as hell, things slip through the cracks with most of them.
Don't sell yourself short. Anyone who says their paid track support hasn't never effed something up is not telling the truth.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:07 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,276 Likes on 1,584 Posts

I have a small microwave from Costco that cost me $50 and that has helped me avoid some terrible track food. Also have a nice bluetooth speaker for tunes Nitrogen for filling tires is the best, especially if you don't have track support, so it makes getting tires up to correct pressure easier.

Comfy chairs, a nice big fan, and a good supply of cigars and beer are also a must!
Old 03-12-2018, 11:28 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I have a small microwave from Costco that cost me $50 and that has helped me avoid some terrible track food. Also have a nice bluetooth speaker for tunes Nitrogen for filling tires is the best, especially if you don't have track support, so it makes getting tires up to correct pressure easier.

Comfy chairs, a nice big fan, and a good supply of cigars and beer are also a must!
Don't forget that creepy massage table that's in your trailer.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:49 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Don't forget that creepy massage table that's in your trailer.
All those times you've laid down on it and NOW you call it creepy?
Old 03-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

What happens in the trailer stays in the trailer.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:01 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
What happens in the trailer stays in the trailer.
He's just mad because I got the Marvel Mystery Oil mixed up with the massage oil and he broke out in hives.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

He's just mad because I got the Marvel Mystery Oil mixed up with the massage oil and he broke out in hives.
Axle grease is safe though? Asking for a friend.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 492 Posts

Oh my! This went downhill quickly.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:47 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

All those times you've laid down on it and NOW you call it creepy?
My therapist suggested I come clean.

(yes, you can go there)

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Oh my! This went downhill quickly.
It's gonna get steeper.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:01 PM
cmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure to have a nice strongbox to haul back all the cash prizes and trophies...!

Quick Reply: for those of you club racing, what all are you packing in your trailers?