Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get Simpson Hybrid S at discounted price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 04:03 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Where to get Simpson Hybrid S at discounted price?

Does anyone know where I can get a Simpson Hybrid S (the 3pt belt compatible version) at even 10% off? I think I’m at the stage of needing one, but it’s quite expensive for me at $1100. Even a slight discount would be nice.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:52 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

i have recently purchased a new Stilo carbon and Hans from Wine Country Motorsports. I asked if there was any discounts and they gave me 10% over the phone. It cannot hurt to ask. BTW, Wine Country Motorsports is a great to deal with, I have purchased many racing related items over the years
Old 03-03-2018, 05:16 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Check with Clark & Linda at apexperformance. They are a sponsor here on RL.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:52 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
This
Old 03-03-2018, 07:01 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
Okay, I saw that they offered 20% off when the Hybrid S was first introduced. I’ll check with them, thanks.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:40 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
This
This X 2
Old 03-03-2018, 09:06 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Just out of curiosity, does the Hybrid Sport and Hybrid S do the same thing? They both wrap around the chest. Simpson says that the S is the only 3 pt compatible device, but I don’t see why the Sport won’t do the same at half the price. Is it a marketing gimmick?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:12 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by cds4402
Just out of curiosity, does the Hybrid Sport and Hybrid S do the same thing? They both wrap around the chest. Simpson says that the S is the only 3 pt compatible device, but I don’t see why the Sport won’t do the same at half the price. Is it a marketing gimmick?
I am interested in the answer to this as well
Old 03-03-2018, 09:24 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
I am interested in the answer to this as well
I sent a message to ApexPerformance requesting clarification on the issue.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:10 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

I sent a message to ApexPerformance requesting clarification on the issue.
I sent two emails to the manufacturer and never got a response from them at all
Old 03-03-2018, 10:25 PM
PCarOMFS
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I asked the same question while I was researching these. The answer I received was the extended piece of carbon fiber that runs down the back on the FIA hybrid prevents the entire restraint from sliding superiorly during an impact while wearing a 3-pt restraint. It is the only restraint that Simpson tested for this application and I was told the data indicated increased head/neck protection compared to 3-pt restraint only. They would not recommend the hybrid sport for use with a 3-pt belt because it wasn’t tested. So that’s the political answer. My advice is get the FIA Hybrid and don’t worry about spending the extra money on safety equipment. Safety equipment is a great investment if you ever need it to protect you, and hopefully you’ll never need it. Think of the extra money spent on the FIA hybrid as a set of brake pads. It doesn’t sting as much. Lol.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:25 AM
spruden
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The 3 point tested hybrid has an extended piece that runs down your back. This piece is kept relatively fixed to you via a chest strap. It’s the only product on the market with this design. (That I know of)

Previous posts are right, that’s the element that increases safety when using a 3 point belt. When you put it on, you will immediately “get it”. It almost fakes the same feeling as a regular HANS with properly routed shoulder belts.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:24 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PCarOMFS

I asked the same question while I was researching these. The answer I received was the extended piece of carbon fiber that runs down the back on the FIA hybrid prevents the entire restraint from sliding superiorly during an impact while wearing a 3-pt restraint. It is the only restraint that Simpson tested for this application and I was told the data indicated increased head/neck protection compared to 3-pt restraint only. They would not recommend the hybrid sport for use with a 3-pt belt because it wasn’t tested. So that’s the political answer. My advice is get the FIA Hybrid and don’t worry about spending the extra money on safety equipment. Safety equipment is a great investment if you ever need it to protect you, and hopefully you’ll never need it. Think of the extra money spent on the FIA hybrid as a set of brake pads. It doesn’t sting as much. Lol.
I see, well thanks for the info. I won’t be getting a dedicated track car any time soon, so 3 point compatibility is a must. However I’ve also gotten passenger seat time in harness equipped instructor cars, and I’m not comfortable riding in those without a hans. So having the Hybrid S will give me a little peace of mind. Now if only I can find a good deal on one!
Old 03-04-2018, 10:19 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

I see, well thanks for the info. I won’t be getting a dedicated track car any time soon, so 3 point compatibility is a must. However I’ve also gotten passenger seat time in harness equipped instructor cars, and I’m not comfortable riding in those without a hans. So having the Hybrid S will give me a little peace of mind. Now if only I can find a good deal on one!
Maybe there could be a group buy on these?
Old 03-05-2018, 05:48 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

I’ve spoken with Linda at Apex performance, and will be ordering one tomorrow. There is a webinar on YouTube where the Hybrid creator explains how it works, and why it’s different than the Sport. An interesting explanation if you’ve got some time.

Quick Reply: Where to get Simpson Hybrid S at discounted price?