Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CG Lap belt lock for instructors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 03:54 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 238 Posts

As a driver there is benefit to CG lock, risk/reward is good. I've recommended it to several of my students... As an instructor/passenger, there is no benefit only added complexity and unknown... If you handed me one, I'd say thank you, then put it in the glove box.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:42 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,276 Likes on 1,584 Posts

I'm all for equal restraints but would not require one for me if I were instructing. It's more comfort versus safety in my opinion.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:24 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Series
Same here, I've done the "yank" the belt. It works quite well and it locks the top portion of the belt, not just the lap portion that the CG lock does. On another note, if you have an instructor next to you, do you need a CG lock? Save it for when you are by yourself.
Turn 5 and turn 7 at WGI, are really the only places my butt slides a little to the left in the seat.
I understand your statement, and it is with the help of instructors that I am now able to carry more speed into the turns, in the turns and coming out of the turns.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:47 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82
As a driver there is benefit to CG lock, risk/reward is good. I've recommended it to several of my students... As an instructor/passenger, there is no benefit only added complexity and unknown... If you handed me one, I'd say thank you, then put it in the glove box.
Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I'm all for equal restraints but would not require one for me if I were instructing. It's more comfort versus safety in my opinion.
Agree with both of these comments.

Quick Reply: CG Lap belt lock for instructors?