Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireless Chatterbox Bluetooth Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 04:10 PM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I just finished another weekend with instructing with these and here is my additional feedback, that kind of counters my previous kind of negative feedback:
  • Now that I know what to do (to increase volume, push the volume **** toward the earpiece end, and after paring, a single press on one headset to connect), they were not fiddly at all. Yes my student pushed the button one time somehow while driving and disconnected us, but I simply pressed my button to reconnect and it was all good.
  • We used the headsets for five 25 minute sessions per day (plus a few minutes in the paddock before and after) and they battery charge was fine and lasted all day.
  • The volume seemed to break up more toward the end of the day, but my student's car was very loud and my head was buzzing so I think it was from that and not the battery going weak. I am going to bring foam earplugs and try wearing them and see if the headset will work over them. I think yes, as I have used foam earplugs for other things, like being on stage with loud music, nd they did a good job of blocking out all the background noise and heavy sound pressure, but still let me hear.

Originally Posted by 69911s
Finally, you can pair them with your phone and give the other unit to another driver to pair with his phone and have car to car communication which is very useful if you want to engage in a lead/follow exercise. We discovered that four zeros work as the BT code if it calls for one. This would have been good to include in the ridiculously thin information provided with the units. I like them and am sure that I will like them more as I get used to them.
That is awesome, I am going to try that!!
Old 05-13-2018, 08:00 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 214 Posts

I also got a pair of them and used them with 4 different passengers.
@steved0x pretty much summed it up, not much to add there. I am pretty happy with them.
One thing I found out (which is important to me): In my old (wired) chatterbox you had only one volume control which controls both headsets.
With the bluetooth headsets you can adjust the volume individually
Why is this important? Well, (blush) I have "mild hearing loss" and I can finally crank up the volume as loud as I need it w/o blowing my passenger's eardrums :-)
Old 05-14-2018, 09:59 AM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I had another successful weekend instructing with these in a new BMW M4 - what a car! 4 30 minute sessions plus instructor demo rides, battery lasted fine, my student had an open face helmet and I thought wind noise was going to be a problem but it wasn't, we both actually had to reduce the volume on our headsets to get it just right (I had it maxxed out from my last student with the turbo miata with the straight pipes )

Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
I also got a pair of them and used them with 4 different passengers.
@steved0x pretty much summed it up, not much to add there. I am pretty happy with them.
One thing I found out (which is important to me): In my old (wired) chatterbox you had only one volume control which controls both headsets.
With the bluetooth headsets you can adjust the volume individually
Why is this important? Well, (blush) I have "mild hearing loss" and I can finally crank up the volume as loud as I need it w/o blowing my passenger's eardrums :-)
Old 06-04-2018, 09:43 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I tried one on at the Glen and the headset was so thick I felt like after a 25 min session my ear would be killing me.

What's Option B?
Old 06-05-2018, 08:00 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone have other BT options?

Quick Reply: Wireless Chatterbox Bluetooth Headsets