Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened in final Sebring Enduro? The Cupcars?

Old 02-14-2018, 08:15 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Paseb
So, what's the matter with the cup group?
This is amateur racing! No price involved.

We never hear stuff like that in the sp, stock and gtb class.

Showing fist, come on
I don't have that answer, but its historically a crash fest... unfortunately.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 800 Likes on 490 Posts

Some video showing the carnage at the beginning of the Enduro from different perspectives:

Old 02-14-2018, 09:23 PM
smf32s
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

I had a rough weekend. My take on it was some drivers just got wrapped up in not driving well and instead of taking a deep breath and settling down to put some good laps down they tried to make it happen in one lap. Very frustrating. My worst 48 yet. I'm definitely going to rethink going next year. I tried to avoid contact with an unaware driver coming over on me and I dropped two on the grass and spun into the wall. Damage was not too bad but I get a 13. I'm appealing but still a pain. If I don't get it pulled I may be done for a year.

I love my Cup and the whole racing community has become some of my best friends. We are not racing for anything but fun. Drivers that I regard as quality drivers made some stupid moves with out looking first and unaware of their surroundings. Please re-evaluate why you're out there and remember that we all win if we take our cars home in one piece as well as ourselves!

Too better race weekends! We all deserve them.

Stu
Old 02-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by smf32s
I had a rough weekend. My take on it was some drivers just got wrapped up in not driving well and instead of taking a deep breath and settling down to put some good laps down they tried to make it happen in one lap. Very frustrating. My worst 48 yet. I'm definitely going to rethink going next year. I tried to avoid contact with an unaware driver coming over on me and I dropped two on the grass and spun into the wall. Damage was not too bad but I get a 13. I'm appealing but still a pain. If I don't get it pulled I may be done for a year.

I love my Cup and the whole racing community has become some of my best friends. We are not racing for anything but fun. Drivers that I regard as quality drivers made some stupid moves with out looking first and unaware of their surroundings. Please re-evaluate why you're out there and remember that we all win if we take our cars home in one piece as well as ourselves!

Stu
Sry to hear

Maybe they should have more meetings with cup drivers if this is repetitive! Just my 2 cents
Old 02-14-2018, 09:48 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by smf32s

Stu
Glad you are OK Stuart....
Old 02-14-2018, 10:13 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,395 Likes on 744 Posts

Geez.

If fists were actually thrown, I hope the Stewards threw all involved out and permanently banned them
Old 02-14-2018, 10:22 PM
ms550
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reminds me of Ferrari Challenge days circa 2000.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:36 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 607 Likes on 297 Posts

Guess I picked a good year to park Cup Car and race my newly built 968 in the Black Enduro, our race had zero double yellows or other delay flags which was almost a problem for me I choose not to fuel during 5 minute pit stop, last 5 laps I backed out of gas on every straight and short shifted where it was safe and finished race with red low fuel light on, but I did finish.
Rich
Old 02-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Nice job Rich....
Old 02-15-2018, 02:10 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Some video showing the carnage at the beginning of the Enduro from different perspectives:

https://youtu.be/kNVipZZ0oqU

https://youtu.be/se0Um35yikA

https://youtu.be/ylrsbOcVjh4

https://youtu.be/GLZj4mGy0QE

Frank, nice work on posting those vids, especially the compilation in "The Perils of Sebring". All are well worth watching!
Old 02-15-2018, 02:46 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Beantown Kman
Frank, nice work on posting those vids, especially the compilation in "The Perils of Sebring". All are well worth watching!
Yes it was interesting to watch.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:18 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks for sharing -- as I'm staring at my first SPB race with a large field at CoTA -- I'm thinking of buying a ton of bubble wrap, claim its just paint protectant :-)

M
Old 02-15-2018, 03:49 PM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
Yes it was interesting to watch.
LOL

this was my rookie raceweekend and driving a cup made it sure like feel like drinking from the firehose.
I feel lucky that I survived all the carnage which I am sure was not due to my skill but more to running in the back so they stopped spinning by the time I arrived at the scene.
the good thing about racing is that you dont get time to get afraid. you just do what you have learned to stay on the racing surface and avoid other cars. Looking back on above and my own videos my heart rate went up a few beats.

I am currently planning my next DE and race with the car and keeping my fingers crossed that next races will be without this level of carnage.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:58 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I understand Sebring is a "historic" track but even after watching dozens of videos of it, I've never understood the attraction. Looks like masochistic torture for both the car and the driver. It's too far south for me anyway.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:03 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

crashes are one thing, fist fights are another....just sayn you see alot of the first, cant say if have ever seen any of the second. and for sure your racing career with PCA would probably be over for life if things came to that point, shame...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What happened in final Sebring Enduro? The Cupcars?