Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Runnoffs at Sears Point WHO IS GOING?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 01:14 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts
Default 2018 Runnoffs at Sears Point WHO IS GOING?

I know I am trying to make it.. anyone else making the event??
Old 01-25-2018, 01:44 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Sonoma will be 5 Runoffs in a row for me. I'm campaigning 2 classes right now and plan for 2 classes at Runoffs. I'm doing it in 1 car so I'm underoptimized in both classes. Why am I doing that? I'm not sure.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:48 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Sonoma will be 5 Runoffs in a row for me. I'm campaigning 2 classes right now and plan for 2 classes at Runoffs. I'm doing it in 1 car so I'm underoptimized in both classes. Why am I doing that? I'm not sure.
to race or not to race.............that is the questinon...........the answer is always very easy! what classes? T2?
Hey, im racing in GT2, talk about underoptimized!!!! Im only in because my car barely got into a bunch of WCGT races back in the day. I guess i could throw a few 1000 bucks at it and try and get it near the spec and near the front, or be a pure underdog as is and try to get into the top 10.... the later sounds cheaper and more fun!
Old 01-25-2018, 06:31 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Do you fish? My plan at Sonoma is to fish when not on track. Lots of dead time at Runoffs which is the reason for running 2 classes. So you and I can go fish and tell stories about our underoptimized victories. Basically, you need deep pockets to win. At Indy Runoffs in October 2 or 3 guys in my class scrubbed early days qualy times to bring out their "back-up" cars! Yeah...I'm happy just to have new tires. We are going for fun. And if David slays Goliath the victory is just more sweet.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:17 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Do you fish? My plan at Sonoma is to fish when not on track. Lots of dead time at Runoffs which is the reason for running 2 classes. So you and I can go fish and tell stories about our underoptimized victories. Basically, you need deep pockets to win. At Indy Runoffs in October 2 or 3 guys in my class scrubbed early days qualy times to bring out their "back-up" cars! Yeah...I'm happy just to have new tires. We are going for fun. And if David slays Goliath the victory is just more sweet.
im going to drive the car to the track too! what classes are you running? the orange car? and the spec racer? should be fun! Just need the car to last one more season!

Quick Reply: 2018 Runnoffs at Sears Point WHO IS GOING?