Sponsored by:

2010 Radical SR3 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 12:45 PM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
These cars are awesome but do take a little bit of dedication, good ones tend to sell fast if reasonably priced. I've seen some sit for a year or two before selling after many price reductions though.

Yes, I think that is why this one has been getting so much attention. The guys that run the Radical devision at Spring Mountain recommended that I sell the car for $50 th $55K. He felt that I was being too aggressive with my pricing. This car is fully optioned and I have all of the receipts showing all the work that has been done on the car. I also have video, with data, of all of my on track time if anyone wants to see exactly how the car has been driven.

Charley
Old 01-22-2018, 01:56 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hf1 - do it! Car is awesome but there is (by my spins first time out) a learning curve. Also I opted to have a race shop support me for first outing, was absolutely the correct move. However I think the next test session I will handle the car with some friends for extra hands. It is a race car, so needs proper warming etc. but its just attentions to details, no rocket science but much more hands on than a street car. + the need to trailer and its really really low. Even my Futura trailer needed race ramps still. All that said I cannot go back to street car now
Old 01-23-2018, 02:51 AM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hughp3
hf1 - do it! Car is awesome but there is (by my spins first time out) a learning curve. Also I opted to have a race shop support me for first outing, was absolutely the correct move. However I think the next test session I will handle the car with some friends for extra hands. It is a race car, so needs proper warming etc. but its just attentions to details, no rocket science but much more hands on than a street car. + the need to trailer and its really really low. Even my Futura trailer needed race ramps still. All that said I cannot go back to street car now
Sounds like you had a great first day in your new car. There definitely is a learning curve, but it is an amazingly fun process. It is helpful to have some extra hands around while you get familiar with operating the car, but it is easy to handle by yourself. I use a set of 114” progressive Race Ramps and a winch which make loading and unloading a one person job. One of the best things about owning one of these cars is that I make a bunch of new friends at every track day. People love to come up and talk about the car, so there are always people around that are happy to help you take the nose or tail off / on.

and I agree with you... once you spend some time in a Radical It is hard to go back to a street car.

Enjoy the journey

Charley

P.S. Here is a quick video of how easy it is to load the car with the Progressive Race Ramps and a winch. It is a one man job once you are set up. Since this video was taken I have upgraded to a faster winch with a wireless control, and I used a role of 1” wide anti skid tape to outline the car on the floor so it is easy to see that the car is loading in precisely the right position.

Last edited by CharleyH; 01-23-2018 at 03:07 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:46 PM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Sale pending
Old 01-27-2018, 02:05 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CharleyH
Sale pending
Good news! GLWS
Old 01-28-2018, 01:41 PM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seanseidman
Good news! GLWS
Thanks Sean. I am really going to miss this car. But the guy that bought it sounds like a great guy that will really enjoy it. The car will be based at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut.

Charley
Old 01-28-2018, 01:46 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Thanks Sean. I am really going to miss this car. But the guy that bought it sounds like a great guy that will really enjoy it. The car will be based at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut.

Charley
Charley, what are your driving plans?
Old 01-28-2018, 03:05 PM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

I am retiring...from work and track driving. I plan to do quite a bit of traveling and won't have much time to get to the track so I am selling the car and most of my equipment. I am two months into retirement and loving every minute of it

Charley
Old 01-28-2018, 04:46 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good for you Charley!! I am down to 2 days a week and it’s great Just enough to keep me occupied. Have a blast.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:17 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

I am retiring...from work and track driving. I plan to do quite a bit of traveling and won't have much time to get to the track so I am selling the car and most of my equipment. I am two months into retirement and loving every minute of it

Charley
Fantastic Charley!
Enjoy!
Old 01-28-2018, 10:38 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car. Price seems fair but I’m not an expert. This car has every option I would be looking for.

Quick Reply: 2010 Radical SR3 for sale