Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DE Organizers...what registration system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:56 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts
Default DE Organizers...what registration system?

I am a member of the our local PCA DE event committee and we are looking for a better registration system for our event. Presently we use a basic Excel spreadsheet and manually enter all the information about who paid what, what group they run in, what car they drive, etc.. We receive payment via PayPal, cheque or cash and then transfer the info over to the spreadsheet. We are a small region, but it gets cumbersome manually entering info and concerns about accuracy.

I'm interested to see what other regions are using for registration and your experience with these systems.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:12 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by JTT
I am a member of the our local PCA DE event committee and we are looking for a better registration system for our event. Presently we use a basic Excel spreadsheet and manually enter all the information about who paid what, what group they run in, what car they drive, etc.. We receive payment via PayPal, cheque or cash and then transfer the info over to the spreadsheet. We are a small region, but it gets cumbersome manually entering info and concerns about accuracy.

I'm interested to see what other regions are using for registration and your experience with these systems.
Clubregistration.net Built by a PCA guy. Very flexible, and can be customized to suit your needs.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:26 AM
hinchcliffe
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

We use clubregistration and other local clubs use Motorsportreg.

Clubregistration is free unless they take the credit card payment then it's the nominal credit card fees. Which are better than dealing with PayPal and their fees.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:31 AM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

As an event participant, both as a student coming up through the ranks and as an instructor, Clubregistration appears to be one of those rare things that just work. Literally zero issues throughout 100s of events and 9 years.

I can't image trying to do that function with just a spreadsheet. Makes me think of:

-Mike

Last edited by TXE36; 01-07-2018 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Not enough coffee
Old 01-07-2018, 09:31 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,655 Posts

I had never heard of Clubregistration until six or seven years ago with PCA, had always used MotorSportReg.

Having hosted track events, several vintage races and seminars, I really like MSR. There are even more options available, now.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-07-2018, 09:50 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Thanks guys! I have contacted Clubregistration for more info. As we are in Canada, I just hope there aren't any issues related to currency conversions.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:21 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JTT
Thanks guys! I have contacted Clubregistration for more info. As we are in Canada, I just hope there aren't any issues related to currency conversions.
I don't believe there are any issues with currency.
MSR has been great, i recommend it highly.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:39 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Both seem to work fine but I can't understand why they don't add a function to only allow unique car numbers. It would save a lot of hours for Susan and I'm sure a lot of DE registrars.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:16 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Both seem to work fine but I can't understand why they don't add a function to only allow unique car numbers. It would save a lot of hours for Susan and I'm sure a lot of DE registrars.
MSR allows that. Use it all the time entering can competitive events. Especially good when mixed classes race together. All automated.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:30 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JTT

Have used both MSR and ClubRegistration as a participant. From an event management perspective I prefer ClubRegistration, Chris and his team give excellent support.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:35 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach

MSR allows that. Use it all the time entering can competitive events. Especially good when mixed classes race together. All automated.
+1
Old 01-07-2018, 10:28 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

MSR PERIOD
Old 01-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

I participate with both PCA and NASA in my area and both use MotorSportsReg (MSR as noted above) and it works great.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:35 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

As a participant I use whatever registration site the region requires. I also know that where club racing events are involved PCA requires the use of clubregistration.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:10 PM
badabing
Three Wheelin'

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

I'd like to give a nod to drivingevals for managing student logbook and skills progression and rating of students and instructors

Quick Reply: DE Organizers...what registration system?