Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Driver Education events for the SUV crowd???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Winter Driving School events for 2/3 and 2/17 have been posted for Warners Lake and Algonquin Lake. Suggest you check those out for some SUV fun. Lots of car control skills can be learned on the ice which are transferrable to the street.
http://neq.motorsportreg.com
Old 01-10-2018, 05:29 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
I ran a 1:39 at NJMP on one of my first days ever on track in a Macan S. Think we passed just about everything out there. Ironically it was one of my first days on 4 wheels after years on 2 as well. You can here the P zero's squealing underneath us Heck, you can even throttle steer it and get the back end out, its a lot of fun.

BTW, My brakes lasted for 3,000 miles with 3 DE's mixed in. Now my Macan tows my track car for me. Funny thing is I am pretty sure if I took that thing back out now I would put it into the 35's or 36's which is faster than some of the cars in Black cough cough...Probably the most capable all around vehicle on the road but yeah, punch me in my vagina LMFAO...

Only 61,000 people viewed the video though so clearly there is no interest
http://youtu.be/VIYlYdI0s88
Yeah, I've seen you around and watched some of your racing videos. Bravo. I think your rapid rise through the ranks and into a racer was greatly helped by your motorcycle career. You already had a ton of skill, instinct, and were familiar with the track. Almost all former motorcycle racers I've met were fast on 4 wheels at the track. After my student in X5M, I'm now a believer.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:56 PM
BeReal
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

The number of people who ask me about taking my 957 Cayenne Turbo S on a DE event!!!

As much as I’d love to test the beast with PDCC and PCCBs, I’m sure the day would end in a xmas tree lit dashboard....lol
Old 01-10-2018, 10:17 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Macan is probably faster than my 993.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Driver Education events for the SUV crowd???