Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Apps?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

One thing that isn't talked about much is that you can export Harry's to Circuit Tools, which is one of the best software packages in my opinion. You have to have at least a 10hz external GPS for it to have any meaning, but it gives you a ton of capability. And Harry's is one of the few apps that allows you to easily select a previous lap from any day for a reference lap. AIM still doesn't have that ability at all.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:50 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Skip all data and video. You dont need/want the distractions.
Learn to drive.
period.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:40 AM
badabing
Three Wheelin'

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

Agree with all posters who say data and video capture is premature for first DE.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:06 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 160 Posts

I think rigging up a gopro or whatever as a souvenir is a great idea. A buddy of mine ran video of my first day and I loved watching it. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

That said, the first DE can be pretty a pretty overwhelming experience so I think doing more than having a toy to play with after you are done for the day is a mistake. It should be something super simple like hitting record on one device before you put on your helmet and then hitting stop before you get out of the car. More than that would be a distraction you don't need.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:01 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

TrackAddict app is free, however can only use it for I think 3 sessions, then must erase a session each time or upgrade for like $7. Its a decent timer that has preloaded tracks/start-finish points, as result is very easy to use.

If all your worried about is lap times, then turn it on, stick it under the arm rest and only review it once you've parked after the session is complete. It will give you plenty of data and lap times. Agree with others, focus on skills- times will come down.

Quick Reply: Track Apps?