Sponsored by:

Removing HVAC from 987/997

Old 12-23-2017, 10:45 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 800 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by cmac
'Tis the season, I guess... Planning to do mine in about 2 weeks. Any suggestions on an electric heater/blower? I've got a Lexan windshield, so the other solutions aside from rag-on-stick are out.
Lexan is a tough one. Couple of suggestions: 1) Look up "DC Thermal" heaters. The problem you will find is that they don't have strong blowers plus they are heavy and expensive, especially if you have to use their ducting. 2) I have seen some Caymans pick up hot air from the center tunnel and use a standard bilge blower to direct it to their windshield. Obviously, this would only work when the car has been running and it is definitely not fool proof as some of my competitors can attest to. 3) Use a bilge blower on your dash, while picking up air with some piping from somewhere in the car that is not totally wet. 4) Don't waste your money on the 12V windshield heaters available on Amazon and Ebay as they are totally useless for your application.

Other than the dish washing liquid trick, I've had better results with shaving cream on the inside of the windshield.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.racingshields.com/windshield_pricing.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing HVAC from 987/997