Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 racing parts for sale- forged oem wheels, big black calipers, m030 sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 10:33 AM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 944 racing parts for sale- forged oem wheels, big black calipers, m030 sway bar

Some race parts for sale..

4 oem 16x8 square forged oem wheels painted white with used hoosier r7's from 2016 in 245/45/16. -- $950
Update: offset is ET52. Part number is 928.362.157. Another code on the inners states AS1062032116.

"Big Black" brake calipers with adapters for 944. -- $950

Front sport M030 hollow sway bar- $150

Contact info: 631-258-3298 martinez.manny5@gmail.com

Parts can be brought to Sebring club race Feb 1-4 2018. Make an offer.

All

Last edited by mannym5; 12-25-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: adding part numbers
Old 12-21-2017, 02:32 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

are those bigblack, or 964T calipers (that fit the 928 S4 pad, not the GTS BigRed/black pads)?
Old 12-21-2017, 04:37 PM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mark kibort
are those bigblack, or 964T calipers (that fit the 928 S4 pad, not the GTS BigRed/black pads)?
Sorry for the lack of details, but I'm not positive which calipers they are. I didn't realize there were 2 versions. My father bought these for his old car a few years ago and never got around to installing them. Maybe someone else can chime in? Can that be determined by the photos I have?
Old 12-22-2017, 12:36 AM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Don't want to be a downer, especially this time of year, but those wheels are not OEM clubsports. They are sewer lids that have been cut. Real 16x8 clubsports are very rare. Also threading into aluminum for a caliper adapter isn't the best.

Can't say for the caliper type. I did not know there is another radial mount caliper from this era besides big blacks and reds.

BTW, cool picture in your signature, and backwards 'double-0 seven'!
Old 12-22-2017, 11:00 AM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Don't want to be a downer, especially this time of year, but those wheels are not OEM clubsports. They are sewer lids that have been cut. Real 16x8 clubsports are very rare. Also threading into aluminum for a caliper adapter isn't the best.

Can't say for the caliper type. I did not know there is another radial mount caliper from this era besides big blacks and reds.

BTW, cool picture in your signature, and backwards 'double-0 seven'!
OK thanks for the info. These wheels did have an original polished finish when my father bought them and were advertised as forged oem from the previous rennlister we bought them from. If they are not, what would you consider these and how would I be able to tell what model they are from so I can advertise them better? I'm not trying to screw anyone and I think the asking price is fair. Just need to clear up some room in storage.. Accepting offers
Old 12-22-2017, 12:35 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Don't want to be a downer, especially this time of year, but those wheels are not OEM clubsports. They are sewer lids that have been cut. Real 16x8 clubsports are very rare.
How can you tell that? They look like real club sports to me. A picture of the back side of the wheel with the numbers etc. would clear it up for potential buyers.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:05 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mannym5
Sorry for the lack of details, but I'm not positive which calipers they are. I didn't realize there were 2 versions. My father bought these for his old car a few years ago and never got around to installing them. Maybe someone else can chime in? Can that be determined by the photos I have?
yes, there are two or three. anyway, i think they are 964T calipers which are a great upgrade for the 928 folks, as they allow for the big red size rotors 322mm, but still use the smaller more narrow pads. same pad that the Ferarri F40-50 uses, as well as the 928 S4.
if you can post a picture of the brake pad, that will allow us to know for sure. its hard to tell from the pics
Old 12-25-2017, 10:58 AM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
How can you tell that? They look like real club sports to me. A picture of the back side of the wheel with the numbers etc. would clear it up for potential buyers.
Finally got to check out the back side of the wheels and updated the ad with codes/part numbers.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:11 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Finally got to check out the back side of the wheels and updated the ad with codes/part numbers.
can you post the pic of the pads on the brakes. if they are the S4 style calipers with the higher stand off pads, they can be used with the 928 folks to use the GTS rotors 322mm rotors, , with no mods.
im almost positive they are not big black calipers..............what size rotor are you using on your car? (or the car this is coming off of?)
Old 12-31-2017, 08:49 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

OK thanks for the info. These wheels did have an original polished finish when my father bought them and were advertised as forged oem from the previous rennlister we bought them from. If they are not, what would you consider these and how would I be able to tell what model they are from so I can advertise them better?
They are indeed forged OEM, albeit modified. What are they worth? I don't know.

While I have no hard evidence, it is very likely Porsche (the Fuchs foundry to be more specific) created the Clubsports in the same way as this popular "modified" version is created. Both the Slots and Clubsports likely originate from the same forged blank. From this the cavities, bolt holes, valve holes and detailing are milled. Again, this is conjecture on my part.

Needless to say, I personally would be wary of using the modified wheels, especially on the track. Yes, they are 99% of what a normal Clubsport would be, BUT. How were they milled? Clearly not very carefully. Now that it has been milled, is it as balanced and structurally sound as a true Clubsport? At the Fuchsfelge factory they would have had very precise jigs, mills, drawings, and operators that ensured that angular dimensions, symmetry, duplication, etc. all is within a very tight tolerance.

I doubt this modification was to a similarly tight tolerance. It could have created small areas that are weaker than the designed Clubsport, small imbalances, imabalances that could accelerate fatigue, etc.

No wheels are immune to cracking or failure, including the most expensive wheels from BBS, OZ, etc. motorsport divisions. Regular track use really demands regular inspection of wheels (pro teams even X-ray them). The wheels in question are also around 30 years old (maybe more). My personal feeling is that they are good as rollers or a hose reel. To me wheels carry too much of a structural load to accept this kind of doubt. Others surely feel differently, this is how I feel.

Probably more than you wanted to read, but maybe it helps.

Originally Posted by JustinL
If you look at the close up picture, you can see where the path of the milling tool is not tangential to the original slot. Additionally, the tool path is not exactly symmetrical about the spoke.

Also, since real 16x8 Clubsports are so rare, they should always raise concern for being genuine. I think they only came on the 928 GTS. Or certain year 928s, something like that.

Last edited by FrenchToast; 12-31-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 944 racing parts for sale- forged oem wheels, big black calipers, m030 sway bar