Sponsored by:

Northeast Region PCA Announces 2018 Instructor Program

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 06:32 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Northeast Region PCA Announces 2018 Instructor Program

I put this on the Northeast Region Facebook Page, but - unbelievably - many of you don't follow us there? Anyway, during the last half of our 2017 season, Northeast Region (NER) welcomed a large number of out-of-region Instructor to our events. So, to let folks know what we are up to, and if they Instruct for NER in 2018, you may be involved in a unique and new 2018 Instructor Program we've just announced...

As many of you are aware, Ann Anderson continues to bring the Northeast Region Instructor Development Program unparalleled success and visibility. Under her vision, drive and leadership - NER is pleased to announce our 2018 Instructor Program. This unique and innovative initiative allows existing Instructors to participate for the entirety of our three day events immersed in reinforcing their Instructing methods and sharing their knowledge with other Instructors and candidates alike. The overview of the NER Instructor 2018 Program include:

- Instructors will be selected by the Northeast Region C.I.'s, Ann and other Members of the Northeast Region Track Team from our existing pool of Instructors;

- If selected, Instructors will have no assigned students for that entire event and the 3-day event fees will be waived - including our "away" events at LCMT, Calabogie and Watkins Glen;

- The program consists of modified materials from our Professional Coaches and the core NER Instructor Development Program and those enrolled will have specialized classes with Dr. Andrew Kaufman, Lee Carpentier, the NER DE Education Members and others;

-Instructors enrolled at that event will have an itinerary consisting of both classroom and track session with fellow Instructors, Instructor Candidates and Driving Coaches.

It's Ann's and the Northeast Driver Education Team's view that "Education" is an on-going effort, and many "old time" instructors - yes, that shoe fits me as well - can benefit in several ways from a formalized "refresher". From my end, the Instructors who have "been at this for a while" are confronted with a more diverse set of students and car technologies than ever before, and therefore - our job has become more complex and challenging. It's our hope that by reaching back into our current Instructor pool, we can assist them in broadening their Instructing experience and add to their existing repertoire.

In the next week or two, the Northeast Region Driver Education Team will be announcing some additional 2018 Program specifics - so please stay tuned!

My best to all,

John D.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Old 12-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

Sounds great John! I didn't realize Ann was involved with instructor development. She's an awesome person.
I've seen Penn and Emily Young a few times recently. We both still love our old NER instructor jackets! We just have to make sure we take the right one home at the end of the night.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:30 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Awww - you guys rock - thank you!! And @Coochas - you have NER Instructor coats?? What the heck??? I never got one of those... As well...

@Veloce Raptor - can you PM me your contact info? I think it's time you and I discussed some ideas for you at our events - I mean, it's only been about 11 years since you hopped on this little community? I'd love to explore some ideas with you...

My thanks to both!

John D.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by John D.
Awww - you guys rock - thank you!! And @Coochas - you have NER Instructor coats?? What the heck??? I never got one of those... As well...

@Veloce Raptor - can you PM me your contact info? I think it's time you and I discussed some ideas for you at our events - I mean, it's only been about 11 years since you hopped on this little community? I'd love to explore some ideas with you...

My thanks to both!

John D.
That was the year we got coats, a 90-minute spa massage, and a complimentary suite at the Mandarin. It was an effort to make up for 2 students.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

John, PM sent. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Northeast Region PCA Announces 2018 Instructor Program