Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFC 08 No Bedding Process - really?

Old 11-13-2017, 03:48 PM
Coloradoheel
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
Rotors for some cars are cheap...the top running spec boxters are running PFC 08 up front. The enduro guys still love the 08 cause it lasts the longest.
Tidewater as in Virginia?
Tidewater neighborhood in North Myrtle Beach
Old 11-13-2017, 05:28 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Coloradoheel
Tidewater neighborhood in North Myrtle Beach
Did a search after I asked you and found Tidewater Golf Plantation in North Myrtle. Down 31 it is maybe 30 mins to our store. Come on down.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 11-13-2017, 06:57 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Are you sure your PM box can handle the load?

believe it or not, its getting pretty fulll smart ***! FYI, you put on PFCs and think they are pre-bedded or dont need bedding out of the box, you could be in a dangerous situation if you are racing on that first lap. they need to be bedded to cook the resins out and get some familiarity with the rotors. as you bed them, just break in wise, they go from about 75% contact to near 100% contact. as you bed them, they smoke and smell and loose a LOT of friction capabilities. then, after they cool slightly, they are near 100%.. it is the bedding process.

Those that i have helped bed their brakes , can testify
Old 11-13-2017, 07:05 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
With PFC 08 the pads last forever but your rotors don't. PFC 08 is maybe the hardest on the rotors of all compounds I sell. Try PFC 11 compound. The pad goes away faster but it gives additional life to your rotors. PFC 11 compound is what is being delivered from the factory on both the 991 Cup car and the GT4 Clubsport.
Simply put PFC "bedding" consists of wearing off the existing transfer layer
on the rotor and getting the new transfer layer down. Because PFC heat treats all pads you don't have to go thru the "get heat into the pad BS" that Pagid and Ferodo require.
https://apexperformance.net/pfc-pors...ference-chart/
Clark, ive used quite a few sets now of PFC11s (thank you very much!!) and there is a bed in process. Im not remembering imagining this, when I tell you that they smoke and smell and get greasy initially during the bed in process. but your right the process is better and easier than Pagid RS14s, which seem to have resin to bake out. As far as transfer on the pad, the rotors after a race dont seem to show anything on the rotor. my last rotors i took to a lab immediately after a race because i was curious. With a microscope was not able to see anything. they said it looked like it came off a lathe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PFC 08 No Bedding Process - really?