Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suncoast PCA Event @ Sebring 11/17-11/19

Old 11-03-2017, 05:26 PM
moveswiftly
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Suncoast PCA Event @ Sebring 11/17-11/19

Anyone else attending this event? Will be my first time at Sebring. Very excited. Also attending Sebring with Chin 12/9-12/10 (night session as well).
Old 11-03-2017, 06:07 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Where is regis for this event? I've never been to Sebring either and need to learn it. Don't know if I could get away for this one or not, but worth looking into.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:14 PM
moveswiftly
Racer

Hi, the registration is on clubregistration.com not motorsportreg

https://clubregistration.net/events/...cfm/event/8432
Old 11-04-2017, 07:16 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 607 Likes on 297 Posts

I will be there as always, I paddock on back concrete parallel to back straight, I also own a home in Sebring if there is anything I can help you with before or during event just ask. Look for my car and trailer and stop by.

Rich
Past CTI Suncoast region PCA
Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2017, 09:35 AM
RichFL
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Registered but had to cancel due to shot 987.2 PDK transmission from the heat in the Southeast.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:55 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Highly educational and extremely valuable weekend

If you're wanting to "learn" Sebring, this is the 3-day weekend to do it. Suncoast has two extended track walks (ride arounds on truck-pulled trailers) with excellent details from the chief driving instructor, Gavin Riches.

Among other things, you'll learn that the wall at the apex to Turn 1 is SIX FEET from the yellow line. At speed, it feels like the line is right up against the wall. You'll also learn small visual cues that really help at speed, like the imperfection in the T1 yellow line that denotes the apex.

It's a highly educational and extremely valuable weekend.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:12 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I’ll be at the Dec 9th Chin event....#86 2017 GT Silver Porsche GTS....you see a tall guy walking around with a prosthetic leg that’s me.

I’ll just be driving not instructing but if you have Sebring questions let me know...
Old 11-05-2017, 10:45 PM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I'll be there all 3 days with my Boxster, this is my 2nd year doing this event, I had a great time last year and as Mike said above the track walk was was very informative and I personally learned a ton from it.

On Friday and Saturday there are less run groups and so more track time which is also a nice bonus!
Old 11-05-2017, 11:49 PM
moveswiftly
Racer

Originally Posted by uscarrera
I will be there as always, I paddock on back concrete parallel to back straight, I also own a home in Sebring if there is anything I can help you with before or during event just ask. Look for my car and trailer and stop by.

Rich
Past CTI Suncoast region PCA
Originally Posted by PLNewman
If you're wanting to "learn" Sebring, this is the 3-day weekend to do it. Suncoast has two extended track walks (ride arounds on truck-pulled trailers) with excellent details from the chief driving instructor, Gavin Riches.

Among other things, you'll learn that the wall at the apex to Turn 1 is SIX FEET from the yellow line. At speed, it feels like the line is right up against the wall. You'll also learn small visual cues that really help at speed, like the imperfection in the T1 yellow line that denotes the apex.

Thank you. I will be a White GT4 #191 and will be participating in the Instructor Training School that weekend as well. Really looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by mdrums
I’ll be at the Dec 9th Chin event....#86 2017 GT Silver Porsche GTS....you see a tall guy walking around with a prosthetic leg that’s me.

I’ll just be driving not instructing but if you have Sebring questions let me know...
Sweet! I'll keep an eye out for you.

Originally Posted by steved0x
I'll be there all 3 days with my Boxster, this is my 2nd year doing this event, I had a great time last year and as Mike said above the track walk was was very informative and I personally learned a ton from it.

On Friday and Saturday there are less run groups and so more track time which is also a nice bonus!
More track time is
Old 11-06-2017, 12:09 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PLNewman

Dang, this seems like just the kind-of event I need to learn my way around there. Just wish I learned of it earlier, not sure I can make this one happen.., although the wheels are spinning. Wonder if there would be any other SM people there? Do some lead/follow and get a fellow SMers low down on the various corners.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:36 PM
moveswiftly
Racer

Originally Posted by CCA
Dang, this seems like just the kind-of event I need to learn my way around there. Just wish I learned of it earlier, not sure I can make this one happen.., although the wheels are spinning. Wonder if there would be any other SM people there? Do some lead/follow and get a fellow SMers low down on the various corners.
SM?
Old 11-06-2017, 01:33 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by moveswiftly
SM?
Spec Miata
Old 11-06-2017, 02:48 PM
moveswiftly
Racer

Originally Posted by CCA
Spec Miata
Sweet. But for real, sign up (For either PCA / Chin event)!
Old 11-06-2017, 04:18 PM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by moveswiftly
(night session as well).
Sebring is very dark....
I was told you need additional lightning on car and know track well to do night session
Old 11-06-2017, 04:23 PM
moveswiftly
Racer

Originally Posted by MarcD147
Sebring is very dark....
I was told you need additional lightning on car and know track well to do night session
I've seen videos of others with OEM lighting. By the time I have the night session I'll have 4 days at Sebring in a one month period.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suncoast PCA Event @ Sebring 11/17-11/19