Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Trophy East Race Series Announcement for 2018

Old 10-16-2017, 11:58 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Just to clarify further on Chris' question and the response, will GTC6 and Trophy East 991.1 Cup run simultaneously on track and if so what does that mean for more restrictive GTC6 13/13 rule?
Trophy East pays for their own run group at events.
There will be a split start between the Cups and Caymans in the series.

It is a well run series that has been very competitive.

I am looking forward to seeing Cup cars on the grid and new faces next season.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:23 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,651 Posts

It's important for the series participants to realize and understand that a "relaxed" 13/13 for this series doesn't give license to allow lapses in judgement or over-aggressive driving and not be penalized.

Whenever there is contact, single or multi-car, it means someone made an error, misjudgement, or otherwise things did not go according to plan.

Series like these, with cars capable of a narrow range of performance when driven at the higher levels (isn't that what makes this fun?) tend to be in closer proximity to each other, more frequently, than regular race groups. Would expect no less here.

There have been, in my experience, no more and NO LESS incidents in the GT4CS Trophy East series than in regular PCA Club Racing groups over the last two years. I know the West Coast series had some "bumps" (literally) early on, but I hear it's cleaner now. Problem is that it took several "come to Jesus" meetings across multiple events to make that happen...

Spec series (cars similarly prepared and driven) offer a great opportunity for drivers to "see where they stand" and improve their own performance.

With close racing in a group that features regularly consistent battles between folks that know each other comes the need, nay, the requirement, for respect on track and off.

Whatever form this series takes, the message needs to be sent that contact is never encouraged or accepted as part of the racing, but instead, allowances may be made for cars in close proximity with each other when someone makes an unintentional, slight error.

Just my .02
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Weston Dillard
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to hear some interest here for Trophy East. While we are still pulling together a lot of this, some things I can tell you are:

-The series will run on Pirelli tires, same as GTC, and there is a contingency program

-Drivers will be allowed to run both races on the same weekend, so those competing for the National Championship won't be ruled out if they join Trophy East. Your crew may hate you though.

-Engines and transmissions will not have to be sealed. The level of technical scrutiny is higher in Trophy and we are doing some neat things with data to identify outliers.

While I understand the desire for ABS, our current plan is to run the GT3s as delivered, like we do in GTC5 and GTC6.

We are trying to get the schedule locked down in time to announce it Sunday evening (Oct 29) at the Trophy East banquet in Daytona. I'll post here when we have it.

West

West Dillard
GT4 Clubsport Trophy East Series Coordinator

Last edited by Weston Dillard; 10-16-2017 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Add banquet date
Old 10-17-2017, 10:45 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Weston Dillard
Glad to hear some interest here for Trophy East. While we are still pulling together a lot of this, some things I can tell you are:

-The series will run on Pirelli tires, same as GTC, and there is a contingency program

-Drivers will be allowed to run both races on the same weekend, so those competing for the National Championship won't be ruled out if they join Trophy East. Your crew may hate you though.

-Engines and transmissions will not have to be sealed. The level of technical scrutiny is higher in Trophy and we are doing some neat things with data to identify outliers.

While I understand the desire for ABS, our current plan is to run the GT3s as delivered, like we do in GTC5 and GTC6.

We are trying to get the schedule locked down in time to announce it Sunday evening (Oct 29) at the Trophy East banquet in Daytona. I'll post here when we have it.

West

West Dillard
GT4 Clubsport Trophy East Series Coordinator
Thanks for your prompt replies to my emails and I think it's a good idea to post final decisions on this board.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:38 PM
Weston Dillard
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

We announced the 2018 Trophy East schedule at Daytona Sunday.

· Atlanta –April 6-8

· Barber – May 18-20

· VIR – June 22-24

· Monticello – July 13-15

· Road America – Sep 1-3

· Daytona – October 26-28

It is subject to change, but I think we are pretty well locked in with all the host regions. We are working to finalize rules, costs, etc. Stay tuned.

West
Old 11-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The West Coast series, Pirelli USA Cup West, announced they are separating the Clubsport from the 991 & 997.2 to run in their own separate races because of the speed differences of the two classes.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:48 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Where is the love for C4, C3, and A2 in Trophy East?

Why only C5 and C6 cars?
Old 11-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 743 Posts

Wait...East is merging GT4CS with C5 and C6, based on the West model...while the West goes the other direction?

I am confused...
Old 11-01-2017, 10:06 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Surfbum
The West Coast series, Pirelli USA Cup West, announced they are separating the Clubsport from the 991 & 997.2 to run in their own separate races because of the speed differences of the two classes.
Wow...
Old 11-01-2017, 10:08 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wait...East is merging GT4CS with C5 and C6, based on the West model...while the West goes the other direction?

I am confused...
Same here...
Old 11-01-2017, 11:49 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Make it one set of tires and I'd be interested
Old 11-03-2017, 10:47 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJFabCab
Where is the love for C4, C3, and A2 in Trophy East?

Why only C5 and C6 cars?
As a Porsche series, the concept was to run current cars.
Parts supplied by PMNA.

With factory parts becoming less available for C5 and older, im surprised they will run the C5 in trophy east.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:50 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Surfbum
Word was from competitors that the split starts worked out fine.
Why would they sparate the groups?

It would be too hard to seperate the groups in PCA Club Racing because the time slots are already full.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:40 AM
Red Bear
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Will the new Trophy Cup East Series support a Tire Contingency or provide a discounted rate ? How do they handle an entry mid season? What happens to the GTA cars as they will be racing with GTC4?
Old 11-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

No GTA cars. Just GTC5 & 6 legal cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCA Trophy East Race Series Announcement for 2018