Sponsored by:

Hoosier questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 08:21 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Hoosier questions

Hey, any reaction to the Hoosier advice on alignment and pressures for R7s on "high banked tracks" as seen in the latest GRM? I was a little surprised to see a recommendation of 2 degrees camber and plus 5 PSI pressures based on my own experience running them at Watkins Glen for example.

Also curious to hear people's experience with their wet weather tires. Am considering a set after parking my R7-shod car today because of the persistent rain at Club Motorsports (Tamworth, NH). Fantastic new track, a lot of fun. Great to see our friend Mike Rand working their, formerly of Lime Rock Park, he was always great to work with as a Club Racing staffer. Cheers,
Old 09-06-2017, 09:54 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGross
Hey, any reaction to the Hoosier advice on alignment and pressures for R7s on "high banked tracks" as seen in the latest GRM? I was a little surprised to see a recommendation of 2 degrees camber and plus 5 PSI pressures based on my own experience running them at Watkins Glen for example.

Also curious to hear people's experience with their wet weather tires. Am considering a set after parking my R7-shod car today because of the persistent rain at Club Motorsports (Tamworth, NH). Fantastic new track, a lot of fun. Great to see our friend Mike Rand working their, formerly of Lime Rock Park, he was always great to work with as a Club Racing staffer. Cheers,
I would call Bruce Foss, Audrey Woodman or another very well connected Hoosier dealer or manufacturers representative. Go to the source.

Saw Mike earlier this week at LRP at the Historic Festival. Several good ex-LRP people there at Tamworth. Mike G at EMS, Mike Rand. Just great. Jason and Jim H are great guys. They're REALLY doing a nice job.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 09-07-2017, 10:48 AM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Peter, thanks.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

There was lots of talk about this at the Daytona SCCA Runoffs. While the Hoosier guys stuck by what that note says, they didn't seem as excited about following it for my low power slow car. They seemed mostly concerned with the high power/downforceish cars.

As for the Hoosier wets. They are fantastic. As long as the track is wet, they last a good amount of time. If it starts drying, they can quickly become 1 session tires.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

The concert is high load in fast cars. Not something that I worry about. The cold inflation pressures are important though. Too soft and the belts don't have enough tension and get damaged under high load.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

I echo the sentiment on the Wets. Excellent wet tire.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:01 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Important to get this right. Two years ago I was at Daytona when the rear tire on the guy in front of me exploded during practice. It looked like a missile strike. Guy was able to keep it on the track.

Since it was "only practice" I was using really old scrubs. I came back in and changed onto new rubber. Daytona is not a track to use up your old race tires to the cord!

Quick Reply: Hoosier questions