Sponsored by:

Seat Slider discussion... again

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Seat Slider discussion... again

I apologize i advance for opening this can of worms ,,, but i am out- fitting a new race car, meant for PCA and Vintage and need the straight story. i know is been discussed ad nauseum here and i have read all that .. but its still confusing to my MD-PhD background ....

can sabelt sliders be used with Sabelt seats, properly mounted with grad 8, 8.8 hardware. If the sliders are used, must a back brace be used, mounted to the roll bar and covered with indicated high density. foam. Does any know what square inch brace must be? I also assume it must be adustable angle such that the brace is parallel to seat back.

however, when properly seated in the car in racing mode with the seat slid forward, the seat brace does not contact the rear of the seat. this allows for movement of the seat backwards to allow fast egress for tall drivers. i assume this position and use use of a seat back brace is acceptable, other wise the use of sliders is moot.

if there has been another discussion of this since the thread in 2015 please let me know.

thanks frank

Quick Reply: Seat Slider discussion... again