Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debacle at NCM Motorsports Park reaches new low !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Z06-T
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debacle at NCM Motorsports Park reaches new low !!!

Many of those on the corvette forum have known me for a long time, and I consider all of them to be my friends. Some of you know that I spent a tremendous amount of time and money in fundraising efforts and making presentations in support of the NCM Motorsports Park. Some of you may have seen me speak at driving events or other functions. It was a labor of love for me to see the project come to fruition.

After the MSP grand opening in August, 2014 I began communicating directly to the Corvette Museum’s board of directors to alert them to the many deficiencies that the MSP was facing with the local planning commission, the most notable issues relating to noise abatement structures that were not built in accordance with the Detailed Development Plan. This was a major mistake, excessive noise just cannot be hidden or ignored.

I am not going to try to re-litigate all of the hearings, the broken promises, the legal battles or the media coverage. Anyone can find such information by a search of public records. I have for the most part remained silent about the noise issue in hopes that the NCM would address and correct the problems. They have not.

When forming your opinion on the noise problems at the MSP, I can only hope that you will ask yourself, “How would you feel if this were my mother?”

I will probably be labeled as a “whistleblower” by some and a “traitor” by others. Regardless, I will remain a steadfast supporter of both the NCM and MSP. There are many outstanding people in both operations. Sometimes the correct path is the tortured path, which is what I have chosen.

The tipping point for me happened a few weeks ago when I learned that Ms. Betty Crump (the closest resident to the track) had been diagnosed with Type II diabetes. I am not a medical professional, but it is clear that medical studies show that excessive noise can cause stress, resulting in a higher blood sugar count and the onset of diabetes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20193636

During the trial in Warren Circuit Court in November, 2015, Wendell Strode, Executive Director of the NCM testified as follows:

wall was never built as promised, and six months later Ms. Crump received her bad news.

There is no way to assert a 100% correlation of cause and effect, but there is no doubt that Wendell made false testimony under oath.

In the same hearing, the local planning commission joined the residents against the track:

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/plan...0b9e33840.html

In this never ending saga, the NCM is not (and has never been) in full compliance with the Detailed Development Plan filed with the planning commission in March, 2012.
For additional information:

Facebook Post

It is understood that this thread could result in a heated debate among the members of this forum, a debate that I most likely will not participate in. As an “insider” on the MSP Advisory Committee for six years (2008-2014), I have maintained voluminous records for the entire period. I will not post this information on the open forum, but will provide a web site which will lay out every applicable document and video of hearings and legal proceedings. This site will take a while to build, but should be ready in 30-60 days.

Thanks for listening.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:59 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Is there a purpose to this post? Seems like spam after the reaction it got from Corvette forum. Should we have this here?? Who wants the drama?
Old 08-10-2017, 12:18 AM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Is there a purpose to this post? Seems like spam after the reaction it got from Corvette forum. Should we have this here?? Who wants the drama?
Exactly, can this thread be deleted?

Also, "Bowling Green, Kentucky: An Obnoxiously Loud Race Track" - the race track makes no noise whatsoever. If you are going to complain and make a flyer try not to be a total imbecile about what you are arguing about.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:15 AM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

OP you've done the right thing my friend. When the local government and process designed to address these types of issues won't work, post it on an Internet forum where we'll solve it with discussion and discourse coupled with extreme measures of powerless inaction. You can sleep easy now...we'll take it from here.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,412 Likes on 754 Posts

I like chocolate.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:16 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

^^ I heard that about you
Old 08-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by linzman
^^ I heard that about you
I heard this was going to end up in another hookers and blow thread that somehow spirals into a discussion about French landmarks...
Old 08-10-2017, 09:30 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts

So THAT'S why I gotta have ice cream after a track day.....Rum Raisin over Choc Peanut Butter after Mosport y-day

Gary
Old 08-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
I heard this was going to end up in another hookers and blow thread that somehow spirals into a discussion about French landmarks...
Mais oui !!!
Old 08-10-2017, 09:51 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Apparently the OP is upset enough to ctrlC ctrlV!!!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-new-low.html

I like pistachio ice cream. With chocolate syrup.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:01 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

and notice OP's high post count
Old 08-10-2017, 10:09 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
And Bats. Don't forget the baseball bats....
Old 08-10-2017, 10:14 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

OMG I will for sure add loud racetracks to the etiology of type 2 diabetes.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdistefa
OMG I will for sure add loud racetracks to the etiology of type 2 diabetes.
Lookit da big brain on Dr Beeper !

I like to move it move it...
Old 08-10-2017, 11:09 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I like pistachio ice cream. With chocolate syrup.
Oooooo, maybe I'll try that after the Glen Monday--Great Escape, look out!!

Umm, what was this thread about?

Gary

Quick Reply: Debacle at NCM Motorsports Park reaches new low !!!