Sponsored by:

Summit Point Club race

Old 09-26-2017, 09:06 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Awesome job! Sometimes those kind of drives are the most satisfying drives!
I will say it was a hoot.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:08 AM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Great event, and very well run! Had fun running with Colin in his 964 Cup. Very challenging racing vs another car running similar lap times yet completely different capabilities. Became more of a chess match than a tiger fight. Can't wait til next year
Old 09-26-2017, 09:37 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Now for some racing action!

A weekend full of highs and lows. Highs: P3 in both sprints and P2 in the enduro. Lows: my record has fallen. Some interloper set a new low of 1:23.3. Whatever. It wasn't that important to me anyway. It's not like I had shirts made. Well, not a bunch anyway.

This was the biggest field of SPB's in the history of our annual race. 23 cars signed up. What a blast!

The enduro started off well. Then it got better once I worked my way around E traffic. Then it got even better when I got around Robbie Provost (who drove is *** off all weekend and gave me a hug when I needed it ). And then even better when Provost's car exploded. At that point I was assured P2!

Then a little wiggle in T1 sent me off to the outside of T2 where I patiently watched 26 cars drive by while I waited to be waved back on track.

Man was I pissed. Just screaming in my head. What a screw up. Cost me everything. And it was hot.

Side note: apologies to anyone caught by surprise. I stopped where I could see a corner worker but I was right at track out for T2. It was a really terrible place to sit. And I couldn't see anybody coming due to the angle of the track. The next time ( ) I'll drive up the grass so I'm parallel to the track and at the point the line crosses to track right I'll ease back on.

Anyhoo, I found myself with a monumental task ahead of me. Get back to P2. And I did it. From 3rd to 2nd to 1st back to nearly last then back to 2nd. Crazy race. Non-stop pushing to regain positions. A shout out to Steve Wilson and Shane Howard for working my pitstop. I barked at Shane when he asked me if I wanted some water. I was furious at my predicament. Shane just wanted to give me some water but only if I wanted it. He didn't deserve that. Thank you Shane. Thank God for that second yellow. That closed the gap between me and P3/P2 (Biedler and Belles) who were running together and I chased Evan and Clarke, who made a hole on the restart, past P3 and then as fate would have it as I closed in on P2 (Belles) his transmission let go. P2 was mine! Longest enduro I remember in a long time

http://www.vimeo.com/235453648

Nice drive Hunt. I just couldn't get it done this weekend. I had you for half of sprint two and with 8 min to go in the enduro I had been saving my tires running high 26s in case you showed up. It was just about to get really fun when I first lost 4th and then all the rest and had to watch you and everyone else go by.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:06 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 74 Posts

We had some good fights Scott!
Old 09-26-2017, 11:21 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streak
We had some good fights Scott!
Yes we did! Apparently I can only hold that outside line in one so many times in a row. I tried to get far enough down the straight so I didn't cause a double yellow. I couldn't see if they kept he local up or not.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:51 AM
jkb157
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Scott, The plan was working well until the second Yellow. I saw the 2 E cars coming down the front straight on the inside and I checked up a bit to give them room. That lost my momentum Chris and Hunt blew by and gave Hoyt a good run. Chasing Hoyt until I spun the car at 5 and Mike got by. 3 races 3 5th place finishes. Not bad for a old man!
Old 09-26-2017, 12:09 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like a great time, I'm trying to figure out why I wasn't there....
Old 09-26-2017, 12:28 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Yes we did! Apparently I can only hold that outside line in one so many times in a row. I tried to get far enough down the straight so I didn't cause a double yellow. I couldn't see if they kept he local up or not.
And I know you will be there next year Scott Congrats on winning the drawing.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:29 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jkb157
Scott, The plan was working well until the second Yellow. I saw the 2 E cars coming down the front straight on the inside and I checked up a bit to give them room. That lost my momentum Chris and Hunt blew by and gave Hoyt a good run. Chasing Hoyt until I spun the car at 5 and Mike got by. 3 races 3 5th place finishes. Not bad for a old man!
I noticed that. The dogfight was about to begin and where's my wingman?

And of course Robbie wasn't in such a huggy mood after he blowed it up.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:35 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good hands
And I know you will be there next year Scott Congrats on winning the drawing.
Yes, that was very nice, thanks! Pays for part of a new transmission.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:07 PM
esscape26
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To me, from pit lane, it looked like the car that went out in front on the green flag on the enduro just blew by the pit out guy at full speed without a look at the guy.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:18 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by esscape26
To me, from pit lane, it looked like the car that went out in front on the green flag on the enduro just blew by the pit out guy at full speed without a look at the guy.
Yeah, talk about late to grid. I think the first 5-6 cars (maybe more) passed that car before the start/finish line. Was not expecting that, cost me a few spots at the start, but could have ended really badly. At least the car stayed to the right of the blend line
Old 09-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

If the car blew by the marshal at pit out, you would think control would have black flagged them and brought them in for a chat.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:52 PM
Bman
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Happy to hear the positive comments about the event. Home region for me and can attest to how much time and effort it took to pull off. I did very little compared to several who worked their butts off for months. Come back next year!

My only race of the year and I had a great time. Need to race more.

Originally Posted by Carrera51
If the car blew by the marshal at pit out, you would think control would have black flagged them and brought them in for a chat.
I saw the same car come in during a race, go into the paddock and then re-enter the race a few minutes later. Can't recall seeing that happen before.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:31 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Btw this is why the points/results rule should change. All these guys in E started but didn't finish. Isn't survival what the enduro is partially about?
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Summit Point Club race